Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Wednesday wishes and hopes...

Wednesday, woohoo the middle of the week is here.

I got up late today. Well truthfully I got up early but I had such a horrible headache I took 600mg of Ibuprofen and covered up as I laid down in bed again. That was at 4:30am. I woke up at 6am (have to leave in 15 minutes after that). I could have just thrown my hair up and called it a day so to speak, but I’ve been doing so good with the whole “girlie” thing, that I didn’t want to just do that. (Scary eh?) So I took a shower and dried my hair a little bit and left so I could do my makeup in the car. It was 6:40 when I left. I got to work at 7:15am, but no one was here. Yay, another glorious morning :P

*****
So, taking my queue from Mr. Quiet Strength, I’ve been investigating going back to school. I was doing some research into schools and education etc. The most important thing I think, for me is to do something I like. If I hate it, I wont stay, this I know. It will be hard enough to get me used to study habits (which I’m hoping will keep me off the games more). A little part of me is looking forward to this SHOULD I be able to afford it.

I’ve come across a few places with courses in Metaphysics, Holistic Theology, and Aromatherapy etc. This course of study (any of the three) can go all the way to PH.D level and is fully accredited. A PHD in any of the above mentioned courses would take about 3 years (if I was dedicated). It’s all remote learning, self paced. When I was in High school several things happened to me. When I was 17, it was a busy year of emotional growth and endurance training for me. It was that year, I KNEW what I wanted to do with my life. I called it Psychology, but really what it boiled down to was the ability to help others through me own experiences, wise ear, and open heart. To this day 17 years later, I still feel that commitment. I know now, however in my adult wisdom (har har) that I do not have to get to this goal by only conventional means.

Regular education, academic, ACCEPTED education is quite expensive, and I just don’t’ qualify for a loan. Believe it or not, I make too much, and aside from that when last I looked my GPA put me about a C+, B- area. You have to be higher than that to get a loan or a grant. Now I know it’s been forever since I looked into this, but I doubt they’ve changed all THAT much. I took a few classes here and there, and really loved sociology. In particular a favorite of mine was a class called Sex, Family & Marriage. It focused quite a bit on self growth and interaction on intimate levels with family and in sex and all it’s twists and turns.

I’ve found a local practitioner of metaphysics, who bills himself as a councilor, health guide, and minister (Ordained through the United Life Church). I will contact a few of these folks who are currently doing what I wish to do and seeing if they either a. offer an apprentice type program for work and/or b. would care to offer some guidance now that they’re established to someone just entering this area.

I think that through my study of metaphysics, and holistic theology as well as aromatherapy and all different types of body, mind, spirit wellness, that I too will grow and be able to learn to deal with the things that work against me now. It’s all the experience right? Well I can use that to help others. I think this is what has always suited me best. Hopefully, I’m on the right path and can be successful even just moderately so, running my own business of holistic body, mind, spirit counseling.

One can hope right?

*****
WELL WISHES

To Tony: Keep your chin up, you’ll find something soon. I send you uplifting thoughts today to keep you out of the darkness of depression

To Dana: You are AWESOME. Thank you for the candle, the company and as usual good soul/body food yesterday. I’m glad I got to see you and your family. Today I wish you tranquility and beautiful light around all you see.

To Roze: Thank you for your insight into the things I’m pursuing. It’s hard for me sit down and listen well because I have this fear that people are trying to shoot me down. But I appreciated your words of wisdom in this arena and your experiences were appreciated. Today I wish you calm and joy *smile*

To Kami: I know we don’t get to talk much (it’s been like three weeks now!) But I think of you daily and as always send my love and wishes for your happiness to you everyday

To Shaun: I Miss you! Thank you for calling me on Easter (Did I tell you I look forward to those holiday calls?) and I wish you love today.

To Beth: I send you strength, peace and happiness today. You are loved even from as far away as Illinois. Big hugs to you today.

To Aussie_Male: Today I simply send you thoughts of friendship because I enjoy the friendship you share with me.

To Mr. Serenader: Thank you for listening to me while I quickly called you at work and babbled for the two minutes I had. If there is one thing I can always count on with you it’s your ability to listen. Today I send you thoughts of happiness.

To Mr. Quiet Strength: Thank you for the inspiration to consider going back to school. Today I send you peace because I know you have a lot on your plate to consider and manage. It will all work out right, I promise this.

To Kelli: Keep those posts coming! I love the way you write and your energy is contagious. Today I send you thoughts of serenity that you may feel for even a moment the peace of having a good heart.

To Celtic: I send you thoughts of joy today. May the winds of Celtic wisdom breathe their peace on you.

To Mr. Uber: I hope you feel better. Today I send you thoughts of healing and lots of healthy heart light for you.

To Mr. S: You’re new to this list so today I send you thoughts of new friendship and open communication. Cheers to both those things and may you have much of them.

To my Mom: I love you

(Wow this list gets long! Lol)

*****
AND REMEMBER:

Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.~George Bernard Shaw~

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Thank you again for your well wishes. I cannot tell you how much your comments, thoughts, & well wishes mean -- especially when I doubt whether my posts or my blog is any good! I'm glad to know at least someone likes it.You are very sweet.
Re: going back to school...I def. think you should investigate! I haven't been reading your blog for too long but I def. get the feeling that you are so NOT in a happy place in your current job (I know the feeling!)
I actually used to work in an admissions/financial aid office right when I graduated from college. Most of the time we did award scholarships to the students with the highest GPAs, etc. like you guessed...BUT, our financial aid office ALSO had a three page list of other organizations offering money -- to any & all types of folks. My point is the money is there - it can just be difficult to find! ;-)
Also, I don't know how you'd feel about this but if you work full-time at most universities you can take classes for *free!* Which, might work to your advantage anyhow since you'd have an excuse to get out of your current job!

Sorry for the novella!
I'm looking forward to updates as you investigate more...
Happy Thursday!

blog said...

Thanks for being such a bright spot in a dreary week. About the changes you seek...I say, be authentic in all things. If your true heart says it's time for learning and experiencing a different facet of life, go for it! It's great when you already have a passion for it and feel you've found a calling. Look at all things realistically...use your heart AND your head...and you can't go wrong.

If there's anything I can do to help, let me know!

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...