Friday, June 09, 2006

Baby Muse (and some other stuff :P)

I give up on trying to figure out why Blogger wont put in some of my hard returns. I just have to apologize to you all because the formatting on this is sporadic at best. I'm still looking into a different blogging service, because this is just ridiculous
a man is placed upon the steps, a baby cries
and high above the church bells start to ring
and as the heaviness the body oh the heaviness settles in
somewhere you can hear a mother sing

then it's one foot then the other as you step out onto the road
how much weight? how much weight?
then it's how long? and how far?
and how many times before it's too late?

calling all angels
calling all angels
walk me through this one
don't leave me alone
calling all angels
calling all angels
we're cryin' and we're hurtin'
and we're not sure why...

and every day you gaze upon the sunset
with such love and intensity
it's almost...it's almost as if
if you could only crack the code
then you'd finally understand what this all means

but if you could...do you think you would
trade in all the pain and suffering?
ah, but then you'd miss
the beauty of the light upon this earth
and the sweetness of the leaving

calling all angels
calling all angels
walk me through this one
don't leave me alone
callin' all angels
callin' all angels
we're tryin'
we're hopin'
we're hurtin'
we're lovin'
we're cryin'
we're callin'
'cause we're not sure how this goes

Calling All Angels – Jane Siberry (From the Pay It Forward Movie Soundtrack)
*****
How wonderful it must be to speak the language of the angels, with no words for hate and a million words for love! ~Quoted in The Angels' Little Instruction Book by Eileen Elias Freeman, 1994
Friends are kisses blown to us by angels. ~Author Unknown
The golden moments in the stream of life rush past us and we see nothing but sand; the angels come to visit us, and we only know them when they are gone. ~George Elliot
*****
I do love that song so much. It's one of the few that I listen to that can almost always bring a tear to my eye. Not only did I love it in the movie (which it was perfect for) but because at the end of it, the swelling of the singing almost pleading about the many different ways we are, softening into the truth that none of us knows just how this goes... It gives me shivers ow thinking of it. Truly that's how things are, we don't know how this goes. So we just try the best we can.
I am so glad it's Friday here. Simply because I get a half day at work today (first and foremost) but also because I can just lounge around and do what I want to do. God I love that. I hav big plans this weekend to have a date with my bathtub and lots of homemade bath oils and scrubs and girly type stuff. I have co-erced a male friend of mine to watch a movie with me that I love (but he may just groan his way through it). Eh, that's ok, I'm just happy that he's being kind enough to watch it with me.
The movie is "The Notebook". Believe it or not someone recommended (a GUY no doubt) that I watch this years ago and I refused until just recently. It has now become my favorite movie right up there with Titanic and Moulin Rouge among others. I know what you're saying, "total chick flick" but whatever people. Movies about love and romance are not just chick flicks (or shouldn't be). I know women are more emotion, men are more about logic or sometimes just passion lol, but still somethings can be shared and enjoyed. In any event, I'm looking forward to seeing the movie (again) but with someone this time.
So now that Blogger has gotten whatever problem it was having out of it's system, I thought I'd take advantage today by posting a whole slew of pics including a few of oyours truly in the "younger years" as I so lovingly call them. Hey make no mistake, both the clothing AND the hair was all the rave back then, I was at the top of the fashion chain when I was modeling (and it WAS 1986 - 1992 so give me a break will ya?). So here ya go...
Baby Muse Pic, even I have to say it... hot DAMN I was a cutie ;) and look at that dimple! I have many more dimples (yup even now in my *cough* old age)
This is the first ever picture of me with my biological brother Glenn. I was I think 2 and he was 4 or maybe i was 3 and he was 5. Who knows I just know just like puppies we are DAMN cute...

In High School I started modeling. This shot was a high school picture, taken of me my Sophmore year. Back then Aqua Net was hot and if you wore Pink satin ANYTHING you were damn cool. At least in my school :P


In my college days (1989-1993 when I got married) I was modeling for a catalogue and did some private modeling as well ;)

There are many more pics that I've found. If there is enough interest, if Blogger decides to finally stop fighting me and work with me, and if I feel comfortable enough I may just bore you with the posting of them :P

For now until I can think of more things to say (or Crony goes away, one of the two) i'll leave you now dear readers of my drudgery with the usual compliment of inspirations, well wishes and quotes. Have a fabulous day everyone!

*****

DAILY INSPIRATION:

Now is the time
Whatever happened on the previous attempt doesn't matter anymore. What matters is what you do now.

Though you may have failed once, or numerous times, or a thousand times, that has no bearing on what you're able to do now. In fact, each failed attempt brings you closer to success.

By discovering what does not work, you have more information to help you know what does work. The more you have invested in the goal, the more motivated you are to make it succeed.
Effort is never wasted, even when it leads to disappointing results. For it always makes you stronger, more capable and more experienced.

Now is the time to make use of all that strength and experience. Now is the time to push forward with more commitment and effectiveness than ever before.

Take great satisfaction in where you have been and in how far you have come. Now is your opportunity to make it into real and lasting success.

-- Ralph Marston (The Daily Motivator)
*****
WELL WISHES:
Have a happy Friday everyone! Do something even if it's just one small thing today, that YOU want to do. You have my permission ;) XO
*****
AND REMEMBER:
"To some people, surrender may have negative connotations, implying defeat, giving up, failing to rise to the challenges of life, becoming lethargic, and so on. True surrender, however, is something entirely different. It does not mean to passively put up with whatever situation you find yourself in and to do nothing about it. Nor does it mean to cease making plans or initiating positive action. Surrender is the simple but profound wisdom of yielding to rather than opposing the flow of life."
~Eckhart Tolle (Quote is taken from: The Power Of Now)

9 comments:

Kelli said...

what a cutie-pie you were. You're right, those dimples are just ADORABLE!

Kelli said...

P.S. Not that I don't think you're a cutie-pie now. Shoot. But it seems weird to call an adult a cutie anything doesn't it?

Okay, I'm going now...

The Muse said...

Nah go ahead you can say it. Say it loud and PROUD!

You're a CUTIE!!!! but then of course, so are you my dear :)

Thanks for the compliment today it brought a smile to my face!

Anonymous said...

Cute then, Gorgeous now. :)

Looking forward to seeing more :)

Anonymous said...

awww...baby muse is SOO CUTE! :) just want to pinch those cheeks. And model muse is hot :P and adult muse is sexy. Wow, you're pretty much set. I liked Moulin Rouge and Titanic too..and I swear I'm not a chick. But the Notebook...well, we'll just have to see :) Can you tell me if, in the notebook, some uber guy with a giant sword comes out of nowhere and kills ninja's or something?


Mr. uber

Anonymous said...

Thank you, lovely muse, for asking me to watch the Notebook with you. It was a beautiful movie and I truly enjoyed it.

Anonymous said...

You are beautiful, inside and out! But then, I've always known this.

Anonymous said...

Sooo cute!!!!

>:D<

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it!
»

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...