Monday, November 15, 2010

Gratitude Monday

Normally on Mondays, I wake with a somber attitude. It doesn't help that winter is fast approaching and as I exit the warm blankets, I realize just how brutal the seasons can be as the cold snakes its way up my feet to my spine.

But something was different today. Not only did I close my eyes after the alarm went off (always a dangerous thing!) and wake up 30 minutes late. But even then, I wasn't panicked. I simply got up, charted out my morning going about the routine things I need to do with no speed per se, but no hurried fear either.

I slept on the train a slight bit listening to some Loreena McKennit and took the bus to arrive here at my work. It was when I got to my desk and saw the card from an unknown person (I can't read the handwriting for the signature) congratulating me on my hard work, that i realized I was awake!

I re-read the card trying to decipher the signature and I as read it again I realized someone here, someone at this company recognized my hard work enough to put it in a card! It was so sweet and so touching.

I am grateful for this card. And when I discover who left me this gift of joy on this cold Monday morning, I will smile deeply and send them blessings for joy in return today. It is such a blessing to be noticed and have people step out of their hurried day to take a moment and think of you.

I am honored.

Thank you unknown person, because aside from the calm and peaceful day you've given me that spark of joy to start me off. What a gift!


“The greatest gift you can give another is the purity of your attention.”
~Richard Moss

No comments:

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...