Monday, November 29, 2010

Gratitude Monday 11-29-10

I haven't posted in a bit, but I thought today would be a good time seeing as Thanksgiving has just past us, to be grateful without disclaimer or "if, ands, or buts" for the things I have.

* I am grateful today for the long weekend of rest I just had.
* I am grateful for the time spent with my mother, which I've begun finally in my adult years to appreciate as precious.
* I am grateful for all the food I was able to eat this past weekend.
* I am grateful for the bonus that allowed me to be propelled forward into a form of debt free living (almost there!)
* I am grateful for the company of friends (online and offline) and the reconnecting with old friends.
* I am grateful for my anger for it shows I still love deeply and am not so much in a rut that I do not feel fear.
* I am grateful for the ability to control, or at least have the tools to help anger and fear subside.
* I am grateful for lovely voices late in the night.
* I am grateful for beauty in service and that I can partake of those things.
* I am grateful that I have a job and make decent money.

I could go on forever, the list this past weekend is particularly long. I was out more than I was in, a pleasant surprise and one I actually enjoyed. It had been long enough since I went anywhere or did anything with folks that I was sure I had turned into a hermit and would find it disagreeable. I appreciated the things I did, even if they weren't spectacular. (I saw a play this weekend. The company i was with was extremely enjoyable, the brunch food was spectacular, but the play was so so.)

I'm tired today. Returning from work after 4 or 5 days off is always difficult. But I dont mind being here.

Not much else to comment on (publicly anyway :) . But I really wanted to make sure I expressed my gratitude and gave thanks for where I am in life. While it's not perfect; it's better than it could be & better than it used to be, which means it's wonderful.

Hem your blessings with thankfulness so they don't unravel. ~Author Unknown

No comments:

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...