Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Sleep...for K

When you give yourself, you receive more than you give.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery


Someone said to me tonight in relation to what makes them smile and desire to be around me, to talk to me: "You're just you, and so open and that is such a rare thing". My response was simply, I dont know any other way to be...

Too often we hide ourselves. In the online world we immerse ourselves in the richness of the pixels. Sometimes we forget who we are. Or that the other person is just that, a person not a computer.

Tonight in a conversation I was reminded of this humanity we all have not just by the compliment but by the sharing in conversation, effortless and fluid. I love to have conversations where once you strip away the mask of the outward selves, we begin to see who we really are and if we look just so... we can even see another's heart.

This video is for K. While it's after sleep has claimed you, it is what i was compelled to write. I am grateful for the conversation tonight. It was pure joy... so hopefully tomorrow night or maybe the next when you go to sleep you might have seen this post, and heard this song and sleep peacefully knowing someone in the world is grateful for the precious time spent enjoying the joy of who you are.

No comments:

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...