Saturday, December 25, 2010

Cauliflower Puree

Oh my goodness.... My mom and I wanted something different than mashed potatoes for Christmas dinner. Last year at a work function the caterer had made something like a Cauliflower Puree. I convinced my mother that we should try it and all I can say is we BOTH loved it. It was better than potatoes! Is that even possible?


A must try! (a link to the site where I got this recipe is above)


yield: Makes 1 serving

active time: 10 min

total time: 20 min

Ingredients

  • 1/2 lb cauliflower florets, chopped (2 2/3 cups) (We used a pound)
  • 1 garlic clove, smashed (We used 4)
  • 1/3 cup chicken broth (We used 2/3 which was *just* a tiny bit too much; a tablespoon or two of flour thickened it up and didn't hinder the fabulous taste)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt (We used sea salt)
  • 2 tablespoons heavy cream (We used half and half)
  • 1 teaspoon unsalted butter 9I snuck two tablespoons in :D)

Preparation

Simmer cauliflower, garlic, broth, and salt in a small saucepan, covered, until cauliflower is very tender, about 10 minutes. Purée mixture with cream and butter in a food processor until smooth (use caution when blending hot liquids), or mash with a potato masher or a fork (Which truly works just as well).

No comments:

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...