Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Let's see... 4 days before christmas and all through the house

4 days before christmas and all through the house
not a creature was stirring not even a mouse
the muse was alone with her laptop and tv
while visions of poetry and love did she breathe
On tuesday she lit all her candles and prayed
"santa i stopped believing long ago,
it seems like forever and a day"
quietly whispering in the hopes she would be heard
her prayer offered up softly, every single word
"but this season dear santa as I spend it alone
I pray and I wish for a love all my own
I dont know what I would have to possibly offer
But I promise I'll do my best and together we'll prosper
If someone would just look at the heart that is me
They will know true love and forever be free
So this season dear Santa while the wind outside screams
I implore you to please give me the love of my dreams"
and with that she closed her eyes full of intent
knowing her heart's message swiftly was sent
cookies and milk she laid out in tradition
and went back to poetry posting with earnest fruition
but quietly in the back of this gentle muses mind,
she still hopes and prays for guidance divine
so children remember no matter the age
traditions and fairy tales exist to this day
who knows whether or not you may get those new toys
but share in the love of the season and you WILL know joy...

SKW

No comments:

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...