Friday, June 22, 2007

Vacation; Reconnecting with Serenity



"The best way to pay for a lovely moment is to enjoy it." -- Richard Bach.

"When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others." -- Peace Pilgrim

"It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere." -- Agnes Repplier.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Vacation!

That’s a word I’m not familiar with at all :P Yes, your very own muse is taking her first vacation since 1995. I’m going to be spending 4 wonderful days disconnected from everything in Wisconsin. No cell reception and no internet… I’m either going to die or be in heaven :P

I’m looking forward to swimming, sleeping, reading, writing, taking pictures, getting on my first pontoon boat ever, more reading, watching sunrises and sunsets, good company, writing, swimming… not necessarily in that order; oh and getting grounded again! No better way to do that than in the presence of nature :)

This vacation comes right on the heels of a very stressful time for me. Right now as of this moment I have (not including today) 7 days to finish packing my house and then I move. I’ve been attempting to throw out more than I am boxing, and I’ve been doing well (having already filled up the dumpster once :P). This time, unlike last year when I cleaned, I’m getting rid of any shred of left over from my marriage. It’s time now, to officially say goodbye to that past and I’ve done so in leaps and bounds lately.

I’m going back for my second post op screening to make sure there is no more cancer for me (July 12th) and I’m hoping for the same news as last time, all good! Things should work out well, but keep your fingers crossed just in case.

I’ve been having a bit of heart troubles lately, but even though I’m seeing my cardiologist today, I believe it’s just stress and am hoping that this 4 day vacation will rejuvenate and reground me. I need that, my life has been on a roller coaster ride since last July.

I have to say I’ve been horrible though lately at reading people’s blogs. I’ll get there, it’s just that for the first time in a LONG time, I’m very busy; and as of late I’ve been swamped! I’m looking forward to catching up especially when I move into the new place and get settled.

Thank you for continually checking back with me folks, I’m glad to see you

~*~*~*~*~*~
WELL WISHES

May you find peace, be grounded, smile a lot, cry only a little, and realize at the end of the day that you are special, loved, and cherished by at least one person.

You are a blessing to me everyday.

1 comment:

Suzie Ridler said...

You have made huge progress in your life! I can't believe how much has changed for you in a year. Moving is super stressful, especially on the body. I'm so glad you're going on vacation and taking it easy for a while, you deserve it!

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...