Monday, February 14, 2005

Valentine's day...

I had this whole thing written out and this STUPID DSL at work erased it all...

so... forget it


Thankfully i'm functioning with half a brain today and copied my random poetry.


Strike soft the match, touching the wick
feel the burn flare, the passionate twist
admire the wax, it's sculpted form
so beautiful so different than all the norm
feel the warmth of light so close
akin to that light so many call hope
tiny yet powerful in its own right
just one light to brighten my night
watching, catching my shimmering tear's journey
streaking down my face in such a hurry
in that tear rest all my hopes and dreams
these... are a few of my hidden, favorite things.
too bad then i have no one to share them with
except this little light, that would hear my wish
I know dear santa just didn't have time
to send me my true love, he had so many to find
so on this candle whispered from my heart
i offer my love issuing forth out of this dark
that it would alight on some far away shore
to bring me with haste my love forevermore
@};-
©SKW

No comments:

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...