Monday, September 11, 2006

My Cherie; Nearly Home

Letter one; Clarence to Cherie

Letter Two; Cherie to Clarence

**I recently wrote two letters in part of a series of personal love letters. I put the series aside for a while because I wasn’t sure where to go with it again. Above are the first two links. Today, I had my first inspiration to write one again and so here for you all it is… Comment if you wish please I love to hear what people think of my writing. **

My Cherie,

We are now working our way back to the mainland after many exhausting trips into the jungle. In our travels we acquired quite a few specimens and learned quite a bit from the locals in each area.

Your letter was such a welcome relief to my work. Amazingly the scent of your perfume held its haunting echo on the paper and immediately made me long for you. I am sorry to hear of your troubles with the ladies of the Tea Society. I never did understand their looks of disdain; though I’m sorry to hear even in my absence you too suffer their judgments. Perhaps Cherie, it is time to consider moving, away from the world of prying eyes and lack of cares except of their own. Perhaps…

It has been forever since my writing and for that I am most sorry. We have been exceedingly busy and the weather plots against us the whole time. Each night save for a few scattered ones, it has rained so much that I wondered if my skin would ever dry out. Even sitting in the boat as we traveled, the leaks and humidity are just enough to make you sweat around the clock. Many nights I would count the drops of water as they humidity gained intensity and imagine that each one was a drop that perhaps you felt too. Childish I suppose, but on most nights when the bugs were thick, the natives were restless, and the weather foul, that thought was the only thing keeping me sane. As the days dragged on insanity climbed upon my back in the form of intense heat and long work days; but in the night, however, your face loomed above me taking the place of the bright moon, giving me peace when perhaps there was none.

Today my excitement is hastened by the fact that we will arrive in the mainland in just a few short days time. Once there, I can immediately begin the travel back to your waiting arms.

Oh Cherie, I have only dreamed of the moment when I would see your lovely face again. How I would (will!) love to embrace you and never let you go. I would caress those beautiful curls of brown satin and inhale deeply of the scent of my love.

Already my thoughts distract me from my work as with each passing day my excitement grows. However, I must remain steadfast… Work must be done and these last few days are crucial to our experiments. Oh! The orchid I saved for you despite the, storms, sun, heat and such, has somehow survived! I cannot wait to bring it home to you and show you the true beauty of such a wild place.

For now, know my heart longs for you and my days though long, bring me closer to you. I shall dream of you every night until I can dream with you in my arms again.

Faithfully yours as always:
Clarence

No comments:

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...