Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Today's Affirmation

From the Gifts of Goddess - Goddess Cards

Affirmation: I earn my living doing what I love

Note: Use this gift when you fell unfulfilled by your present manner of employment. You created your present work situation and you can create a better one too. Take on work that urtures your mind, body and spirit and that of others. Whatever you do for a living, you can use your creativity to do it. Make your life a work of art and your art a work of life.


Well that's simple isn't it? I guess it would be easy if I had ANY idea what makes me happy. I used to think it was offering peace and love online, and perhaps it still is in part. Then I thought it was owning my own business and for a time it was that. Then I thought it was web design (which I still love creatively). I thought it was poetry and writing for a time too. Sound familiar? Sounds to me like the "I wanna be a (insert job title here) when I grow up" syndrome. The problem is in some part I love all of the things I listed above. I liked the freedom of owning my own business. I like the creativity of writing, I love the joy that seeing people happy gives me, I love the artistic flair that web design sparks in me. But when you make those things your living instead of your art, then they become a job.

I dont want them to be a "job".

More importantly too, everyday my online eyes continue to be opened. Everyday I find people that hide behind the anonymity of the online world and use it as their sheild for their lies. I had faith in people, now I am unsure. I mean whatever happened to being responsible for your words, actions, deeds? Doesn't that make us better? Doesnt that help us strive to be better? I mean I'm no saint for sure, and I do not proclaim to be, nor do I look down my nose at online people... heck I'm ONE of them. But I do not lie. I try VERY hard to not hurt people and I try VERY hard to not lie. Are we as a whole so afraid of rejection, hurt, stereotypes, etc that we would lie to those we call friends? Even after knowing one another for years?

Why bother reaching out to people if all you reach out with is a holographic hand... meaning; if you're not going to be real, then why ask for it in return?

Random Poetry comin atcha!
"Wake up" the voice whspers
"Is my time done?" I wonder
rattling against the cage of the clock
my heart races
in the face of truth revealed
tick tock
time stands still in revelation
even as life goes on
"Wake up" incessantly tapping at the window to my soul
but my life has already passed me by...
while I lived in a lie.
©SKW

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes things get us in a tizzy, but always know that you can change it around. I hope that you find what you are looking for. As far as depression .. that is treatable if you really want out of it! You are the kind of person who should be enjoying life with all the happiness that is yours for the taking! You don't have to stay this way if you really want to change. I urge you to see that, because you are one of the greatest souls I know and I love you dearly. I say all this with love and warmth in my heart to you. I just want you to know some of us out there truly do care for you. I hope it counts! Love your pals in Lombard.

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...