Monday, November 27, 2006

Carpe Diem! (Happy Monday to you too ;)

"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them."
-John F. Kennedy

~*~*~*~*~*~
I begin the search in earnest this afternoon for something that I can do between now and the time when I can go back to school to reach my goal of counseling (translated: J O B). My mother wants me to go governmental for the benefits. I want to go wherever I can do something rewarding and helpful. I realize that whatever I do is temporary but it must be something fulfilling.

Life is too short for bullshit anymore for me.

I have been blessed recently (especially since my diagnosis and afterwards) with some extremely good friends, good visits, good soul food, and good times. I feel “full” of love and goodness and it is a BEAUTIFUL feeling. It’s one that leaves me with energy and passion again. I’ve begun writing again and am happy to see that. I’ve also begun singing again and as of late I’ve begun crafting too. It’s a creative time for this muse and I owe it all to the life changing event in my life and the subsequent love and help of so many.

I will utter the words of gratitude but as the wonderful John F. Kennedy says above, I will also live by them.

I stood on my balcony tonight and watched the lights, listened to the trees rustle their leaves telling their story and felt the hair brush against my face as gently as a tender love would do. I inhaled life and for the first time this day/night felt completely connected. I began to question what I wanted to do with my life while I work towards getting to the point of taking the journey to my goal.

I still have no better clue than I did an hour ago, but I am left with the knowledge deep inside me that it will work out. Something will come. I am hopeful it will be what I want, but humble enough to realize that I will with gratitude accept whatever comes my way.

Carpe Diem folks.

And at the start of a Monday typically reserved for bleary eyes, full coffee cups, and long hours, I will seize the day; even the moment if I have to, and I will remember the life I have… And look upon it with joy.

~*~*~*~*~*~
DAILY INSPIRATION
Thought this was apropos for us blogger types ;)

Mapping The Inner Journey
Journaling As Meditation
Courtesy of DailyOM

Of the countless forms of meditation we can use, journaling offers its own unique benefits. Most meditations help empty the mind of concerns and bring positive ideas from our mental landscape, but journaling helps us anchor that experience in the material world. Not every person is attracted to meditating in seated silence, and journal meditation is a nice alternative as an active meditation. It allows us to trace our journey and see where we have grown and what lessons we may be repeating. By employing a different part of the brain than creative or inspired thought, writing or typing a journal can create a greater sense of connection and union with our physical selves and the world around us.

In working through challenges, it can be helpful to first empty all worries from our heads onto the safe pages of our journal. Fears can be brought to light rather than allowing them to haunt the dark corners of our subconscious. We may even feel heaviness dissipate once our heads are free from clutter, leaving space for inspiration and the creation of positive images in their place. Often in the process of writing out all the details of an event that troubles us, something that had been forgotten will come to the surface, providing a missing piece of the puzzle. Then we can truly begin to come up with answers, and write them down beside the worries to map the way from concern to constructive thought.

For capturing guidance and flashes of inspiration, journaling is ideal. This is especially true in the case of dreams, which often fade as we awaken. While working toward goals, keeping track of progress as well as guidance from readings or divination tools can be encouraging. Though it can be difficult to keep all of our guidance in the front of our minds, if we write it down it can serve as a reminder whenever we need it. We can also use our journals to converse with our higher selves or even the universe. Journaling offers yet another way to unburden mind and spirit, while also creating a record of the present and preserving our hopes and dreams for the future.

~*~*~*~*~*~
WELL WISHES

May you face your day with zeal and vigor. I hope for the bleary eyes to clear quickly and your passion to be thriving. Approach what you do with joy and take joy home with you as well. Make it a great day today and everyday… This is my wish for you all today

You are a blessing to me today

XO

~*~*~*~*~*~
AND REMEMBER

CARPE DIEM!

Carpe diem is a phrase from a Latin poem by Horace (Odes 1.11).

Tu ne quaesieris, scire nefas, quem mihi, quem tibi.
finem di dederint, Leuconoe, nec Babylonios.
temptaris numeros. ut melius, quidquid erit, pati.
seu pluris hiemes seu tribuit Iuppiter ultimam,
quae nunc oppositis el pene debilitat pumicibus mare.
Tyrrhenum: sapias, vina liques et spatio brevi
spem longam reseces. dum loquimur, fugerit invida.
aetas: carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.


Translation:
Leuconoe, don't ask--it's forbidden to know--
what end the gods will give me or you. Don't play with Babylonian
fortune-telling either. Better just deal with whatever comes your way.
Whether you'll see several more winters or whether the last one
Juppiter gives you is the one even now pelting the rocks on the shore with the waves
of the Tyrrhenian sea--be smart, drink your wine. Scale back your long hopes
to a short period. Even as we speak, envious time
is running away from us. Seize the day, and trust as little as possible in the future

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post, I can really sense you finding your place in the world and being at peace and happy. You've inspired me so much. You are so important!

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...