Thursday, November 09, 2006

Dreams, Nightmares, Thursday Update.

"Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained." ~Marie Curie

~*~
Self-Esteem Conditioning Game
By MindHabits from iVillage.com

MindHabits Booster is a groundbreaking psychological game that aspires to change the way we think. Developed by doctors at McGill University, it is based on the idea that positive thinking takes practice. Recent studies show games like this can help people undo negative thought patterns and form new, more positive ones. By playing for five minutes a day, you can learn to ignore hostility and improve your self-esteem.

Play now! See if you can find the friendly face in the crowd. (It's harder than you think!)

(I thought this was interesting and though perhaps you would all like to try this)

~*~*~*~*~*~
Thanks to all of you for the wonderful comments in my blog the past few days. I’m glad you enjoy my return of posting again.

Another Thursday has gone by but this one is slightly different in that I do not have a doctor’s appointment. The doctor felt I was doing so well that my next appointment isn’t until next Thursday. This is a good thing.

I still have to remember that lying back more than sitting upright is better for me. Sitting upright for more than 3 hours max causes all sorts of problems for me.

I still suffer from horrendous nightmares too. Mostly I do not remember them, but I have remembered two of them, and one of them left me so shaken that at 2am central time I began calling friends to get some comfort because when I woke up I literally could not breathe. I’m hoping as Aussie_male said, that it’s just a side effect of the medicine. But if it’s not, boy my mind is working something serious out. I kid you not when I say these dreams are HORRIBLE. They involve great sadness, intense pain, and tremendous amounts of fear. Psychologically one could look at them and say “Well you’re afraid of not having enough money (despite the generosity of a few wonderful people), you’re afraid of the cancer returning, you feel like a broken woman, and you feel alone”. One might be able to understand those things might lead to the dreams as I see them. They are dreams of physical hurt (to me), people breaking into my home (no security), being used (being broken), and winding up permanently debilitated by some means (the cancer returning). Sounds pretty foolproof for a theory eh?

The truth is that may be so, but very rarely have I had such bad dreams that I cannot breath. When I was a young girl, I had nightmares all the time. Only a few did I ever wake myself up from (some painfully so). My past is not all that bright. I had a lot of things to work out. But now, stressful as my life may seem, it is not nearly on the same level as the things I suffered as a child. What I’ve endured recently is a CAKEWALK compared to my childhood.

The bottom line is I want them to go away. They keep me up because I’m afraid to sleep, it makes my wound hurt more because I’m up longer or passing out in uncomfortable positions when my body finally shuts me down, etc.

Any ideas?

Oh and I’ve started searching in earnest for a new job. Anyone know of any openings? I really need one with good insurance.

I hope you have a wonderful day today everyone.

~*~*~*~*~*~
DAILY INSPIRATION

Cosmic Support
The Universe's Plan For You

The path that speeds us toward our dreams can be a challenging and complex one, so it's easy to get bogged down in confusion and insecurities. We often hesitate at the start of that path, questioning our purpose or our capabilities. Yet we should be moving forward joyously, eager to discover what destiny has in store for us. The universe has plans for us that eclipse anything we have dreamed of thus far. Though we must work diligently to fulfill our potential and to accomplish our individual missions, the universe is aware of both the quests we chose before birth and the goals we have formulated in adulthood. If we accept that it us watching over us and believe that it will facilitate our eventual success, the universe will provide us with the assistance and opportunities that enable us to make significant progress on our journeys of ambition.

Nothing happens without a purpose. Whether we attract success or repel it depends on our willingness to stay open to a wide range of possibilities and to embrace concepts like synchronicity. The universe is always ready to care for our needs, but we must not write off its loving attention as mere circumstance or chance. Likewise, we must endeavor to ensure that our egos do not become a barrier that prevents us from recognizing that even perceived mistakes and strife can be profound lessons that smooth the progress of personal evolution. When we understand that we only need to enthusiastically try our best to realize our objectives, the universe will take care of the details, propelling us forward in its unstoppable current. We may not always immediately understand the significance of certain experiences, but our trust will help us choose wisely at each crossroads.

The universe wants to see you accomplish your goals. No matter how long you've dallied or hesitated, it will always be there to put its plan for you in motion at the first sign of your faith. You can make the most of this aid by acquiescing to it rather than fighting it-nurture your dreams but do not attempt to micromanage every detail along the way. The universe will provide you with guidance and, if you heed that guidance, you will find your formerly stressful quest for success will become a journey of great joy.

~*~*~*~*~*~
WELL WISHES

Today I wish for you to have a wonderful day full of sun. I hope for your nights to be free of the terrors that seek to cause unrest. I wish with all my heart for each one of you special wonderful people to have a night of blissful peace to go along with the day of bright sun I wish for you.

You are a blessing to me everyday
XO

~*~*~*~*~*~
AND REMEMBER

The deepest craving of human nature is the need to be appreciated. ~William James
(SO True, even for me, especially for me)

No comments:

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...