Friday, November 18, 2005

History DOES repeat itself

Well a year ago today I broke a tooth. Yup, broke it. Split it in half all the way to the gum line. The damage was so bad that I had an infection. I went to the dentist on 11-11-04. Got it fixed and finished in February of 05 (with a root canal I might add).

Well wouldn’t you know it history has a way of repeating itself. 11-17 this year, I cracked another tooth. YAY go me… Keep in mind I have no dental insurance, Hell I don’t have ANY insurance. AND I just socked $965 (and that was after negotiation, the original total was $1300) of repairs into my car…

I wont even go into the “I’m 34 and can’t pay for my own things” rant… You’ve all heard that. The car money was a “gift” from my mother. A GIFT. My god…

This dental work will have to be a loan. I just wish I didn’t have to rely on her. I wish I was in my own financial heaven and that not only do I have huyge amounts in the bank, but that I have a retirement plan or some kind of extra savings so that when I’m 65 I wont have to work for the rest of my life. As it stands, when I’m 65 I’ll be taking one of those senior citizen jobs… you know working at like McDonald’s with all the 15 year olds making money to go cruising or to the movies… I’ll be making money peanuts really, just to survive. * shudders *

I have toyed with the idea of moving back home again, but as much as my mother has been wonderful helping me out… Living with her would put enormous strain on our relationship. We can barely be alone for two hours without a fight, how do you think we would manage a full day, or month, or 6 months!. If I can just make it to July without any emergencies! I’m so close to being able to pay off a good chunk of my bills, and save my OWN money. But every check it’s something. Every damn check.

If I only cracked the crown off a root canal in my mouth, that’s better than having a root canal. But a crown itself is $500-700 depending on where you go. Not to mention the “prep” visits to clean it out and refill it. * sigh *

More later…

No comments:

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...