Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Trust

Trust…

It is so important and so elusive.  When I tell you something, I am telling you this because it is truth.  I’m not telling you this to have some elaborate scheme to get some result.  I can put this sort of in the Stars wars frame of mind…

In the movies Palpatine’s actions every single one of them was geared towards a goal even a long term one.  To rule…  SO his befriending anakin, even his placing anakin through suggestive thought, near Padme was all one little piece of the pie that was to become his domain…

I don’t think like that.  Hell I can’t even conceive of some of the things that people can and have conceived of to hurt each other.  

I’ll put it to you another way.  When I joined the sims online three years ago, I had NO concept of online relationships.  It’s not that I thought of them… I DIDN”T even CONCEIVE of the possibility.  What is the word for this?  Naïve?

Then after my first (short, hurtful) attempt at a relationship (anyone remember Kirill?  I bet shaun does :P) I knew of their existence and learned from there…  Then I had no clue that people men even, played female characters.  Until I came across one etc etc.  Or that women played male characters etc.  

Even to this day, I am still awakened by the creativity and ingenuity of the human mind.  I know these worlds of online games etc are immersive.  But I never for a single second thought of creating an entirely second, separate and removed (from yourself) life.  Meaning, creating a character and truly living it… even in email, correspondence, etc…  Now, I’m not saying that I’ve come across this yet, but someone told me of this possibility of this type of existence and let me tell you I was stunned.

I had the proverbial “deer in headlights” look.  That people could even think of that… I am just amazed.  If I EVER come across that…  Someone creating a whole existence, engaging me in friendship, lying to me the whole time and then severing that through any act of split, that would truly be the end of me.  That has the potential… no not potential, it has the true ability to cause me to leave the online world.  I would never be able to trust anyone again if I were thrown in this position.  

For now I’ll just leave you be while I sit stunned digesting this information…

Trust…it is paramount.

No comments:

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...