Thursday, February 16, 2006

Inspiration for a Muse... and some other things :D

The fact is that to do anything in the world worth doing, we must not stand back shivering and thinking of the cold and danger, but jump in and scramble through as well as we can. ~Robert Cushing


There is nothing as good for the soul as inspiration. Once deposited, like the hopeful planter plants a garden, he knows that with gentle tending the seed will grow. Thank you for the inspiration I was given last night. It has done many things including make me excited today!

Yes, a new project is in the works!

Believe it or not another book is in the brewing. Right now in the cauldron of ideas it’s just a fine mist swirling around, but it has been stirred and tended to. And so it will become something, even if it only becomes an idea that may have been. For now it has purpose. I’ll begin working with my partner (yes, I believe I have a partner for this one :D) to gather materials needed today. I believe that while this probably in the long term WILL be published on lulu.com. I believe I will also be marketing this book to major publishing houses. Who knows right? But I believe it can’t hurt to try.

As for other things, I’m still not 100% well but I’m far better than I was last week. My chest is still sore, but MUCH better than it has been since Sunday. My arrhythmia is almost normal (Hah, what a concept!), and my range of motion has increased so I do believe that it was just perhaps a pulled muscle. Probably was the result of sleeping in a wrong position, given how much sleep I WAS getting lol.

As most of you know because of the change of address for this blog, I had an internet scare recently. Now that it’s two days past the initial scare, I can say it’s not as frightening as it was, however, it’s better to be safe than sorry. Naivety always surrounded me with my online endeavors. The sadness I feel though is because we live in a world where I *can’t* be what I want to be to people. I mean if I wasn’t so naive, I may not have met the few of you that I did online who are now close friends… And yet I have to close those doors in some measure because there are just too many people who abuse what I’ve got to give. It’s a sad state of things.

The few of you who have this new blog link are some of the closest friends I have. The others that aren’t as close to me as real life (yet), are still people considered special and I am glad that you’ve chosen to be a part of my life and this journal. I’m happy to share my ups and downs with you all.

I have some long term goals! WOOHOO :D

The first one is to PERHAPS trademark both Utopia Skye, and Digital Soup Online. The reason for this is because I want Utopia Skye to be what I have always envisioned it to be; a place for creative expression. And I want Digital Soup Online to grow too and become the project of light that I think it should be. Even if its only online with a magazine, newsletter and monthly artistic contributions, I think it has it’s place in Utopia Skye.

As far as Utopia Skye, it is a secret goal of mine (not so secret anymore lol) that Utopia Skye would be a place for people to learn how to express themselves, learn how to write, and eventually either learn how to get published and have Utopia Skye as a company help, OR have Utopia Skye do the publishing. Could you imagine Utopia Skye books? Additionally, as much as I hate the radio sometimes for its cost to me, and for the time it eats up, I LOVE it for the creativity and joy it brings people. My goal for the station is to have it become a legitimate (meaning not just internet) station. Perhaps a satellite station so people who DJ can be all over. I think these two things alone would really fulfill the goal that I never knew I had, the day I chose the name Utopia Skye for my property online. It’s funny I always think of these great people who did these great things, and I think “Ha, I don’t have time to do that! Or how did they think of that?” Well I understand now. Everything Utopia Skye has done, become, shared has EVOLVED into what it is. It started as just a property, but became known as the house of light, and then the radio was added, etc etc etc.

The even funnier piece is the Isle of Skye that goes along with Utopia Skye. For years people asked me if Utopia Skye was based on the Isle of Skye in Scotland. I laughed lightly and said no, but I never checked it out. Well I did just recently and have been scouring the net for pictures and more information. If you’ve ever heard me mention my sanctuary, I can’t think of a better place that emulates that, then the Isle of Skye. There are some websites posted on Utopia Skye that detail this place of beauty. It truly is EVERYTHING I’ve ever envisioned that Utopia Skye was. I really want to visit there, and should I ever get married; perhaps I would honeymoon there. It’s simply beautiful.

Anyway, I’ll be posting on the new project soon I think, because while myself and my partner have yet to decide the finer details like levels of involvement etc., I truly believe that people in Utopia Skye can still assist in this and really be a part of something that as one person fueled me to believe, can be the next big Harry Potter type thing. I’ll need proofreaders, people who can draw. I’ll also need graphic artists and so much more. The project is barely more than a whisper, but it’s gaining volume and while it’s low enough to not be deafening, I think preparations should be made :). This is a serious project by the way, and I will approach it (hopefully) with the same zeal and care that I did Digital Soup Online.

Oh goodness me, looky this… I’ve gone and written a book here and put you all to sleep :P Wakey, Wakey… wouldn’t want you to miss work or something ;)

Xo
~S

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hehe I am still awake :D.

I am very excited, too. I don't really know what to say other than that this sounds like a wonderful idea and I can totally see it happening (the book)!!

Another thing, Utopia Skye having some sort of an online magazine/newsletter type thing, i would love to see that!

Eeee, hehe, *smiles*. Love you :D :D :D. a ton!

..and I can't wait for my book to get here *waits by the mailbox*!

Thank you for opening this site up to at least a few of us, I really enjoy reading what you've got to say, see how you're doing, and see what you're up to and everything [=.

<333 Kami

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...