Thursday, April 19, 2007

Clearing the Heart Chakra

With your eyes closed, and in a comfortable positions, take two or three very deep cleansing breaths. Visualize a beautiful cloud of emerald-green light surrounding you. As you breathe in, you take this healing energy into your lungs, your cells, your heart. Concentrate on your heart a moment as you allow the emerald-green light to cleanse away any negativity that may have caused you to feel pain.

Excerpted from (Heart Chakra Clearing); Chakra Clearing by Doreen Virtue Ph.D.

~*~*~*~*~*~

I’ve had the recent fortune (or maybe misfortune) to be without my iPod for several days. You have to understand, my dependency on this iPod is nothing short of addiction. :P It keeps me sane at work. On very slow days I have one ear bud plugged in listening to an audio book on “Shenpa”. During lunch I watch an episode of Heroes, or a bit of a movie (my latest movie watching is the Thomas Crown Affair). On my way too and from work, I listen to all kinds of music; some light, some soft, some hard, some fast. So being without it has been difficult. Think about poor google man as he and I ( mainly him), work tirelessly to fix this infernal contraption… pray for him, he’s discovered this muse’s angry side :P).

So today, I had some free time on my hands during lunch. I had forgotten about a book I had stashed away in my purse for just such an occasion and with some joy, pulled this out today and sat outside in the brisk air and sunlight to read a chapter or two on chakra cleansing.

I have always been someone who has lived in my heart chakra. This is a good thing, but as the old saying goes “Too much of a good thing is also a bad thing”. Living too much in the heart chakra produces emotions/actions such as: fear about giving or receiving love, relationship addictions and obsessions. A “dirty” heart chakra will look dark forest green in color as opposed to the bright emerald green of a clear chakra.

Well truthfully, my heart chakra has been a forest green for some time if I go by these standards. I carry some baggage around of past hurts and such. And as a true Virgo, I hold on to these memories and such using them as a “Learning lesson” of what not to get involved with again. The problem is however, that in keeping those memories close, I keep the pain fresh. In other words I never… let… go.

So finding the silver lining around the broken iPod, I have to say today was a good day to find this book. At lunch today I read a bit and then I meditated for almost 15 minutes doing a meditation from the book mentioned above to clear my heart chakra. I can’t say it’s a miracle or that I feel 100% better, but I do feel clearer, relaxed, and hopeful that maybe if I return to these routines (I used to to do them daily) that I might just do some good for myself.

Chakra clearing, it does a body good.

I can see the marketing now. Picture anyone, with the associated color of the chakra around them (instead of the typical milk lip). Might be a good marketing tool ;)

In any event, here’s to some good clear chakras today everyone. May your chakras shine brightly too.

You are a blessing to me everyday
Muse

No comments:

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...