Thursday, April 05, 2007

Energy, Excitement, & Anticipation...Oh my!

The key that unlocks energy is desire. It's also the key to a long and interesting life. If we expect to create any drive, any real force within ourselves, we have to get excited. ~ Earl Nightingale

~*~*~*~*~*~

Well excited is definitely how I feel today! My stomach is in knots, my energy level is high (despite only 4 hours sleep AGAIN last night), and I’m ready to go!

Tonight is the start of a weekend I’ve never experienced before in my life. Starting with a long relaxing soak in a Jacuzzi tub, followed up with some good food and (hopefully) much needed sleep, the start of the weekend sounds promising. Then tomorrow an extravagant lunch at Foga De Chao, followed up with relaxing (maybe a walk on the beach ?) as we spiral closer to the 8pm showtime of Wicked, rounds out the middle of the weekend nicely. Saturday, with a slow wake up and lunch downtown before heading home is just what the doctor ordered too for this muse to wrap this magnificent weekend up nicely!

I am so excited!

I’ve never done anything on this scale before. In some cases with all the pampering the hotel offers, and the company, and the special events, I feel almost like I’m embarking on a magical journey; one which will hold much memory for me for a very long time.

Did I mention I’m excited?

So today I got up at an ungodly 4:45am (Yes, not even God is up at that hour!), took a nice long shower full of pampering to help jumpstart the weekend. I made a body scrub of Lavendar, a tiny amount of Ylang Ylang, and Sandalwood with a drop (literally!) of Sweet orange. It’s a wonderful combination! I took extra time this morning to wake up slow, to meditate (for 2 minutes) and to breathe deeply before I rushed around my morning (yes I was late :P but who cares!)

I then spent the drive to work which was almost an hour today thanks to the errands I had to run, talking with my favorite Australian male (oooh la la!). I think I jumped from topic to topic like my mouth was on fire or something, but thankfully Aussie_male can keep up quite nicely.
And now I’m at work, having secured already the “Can I leave an hour early if I skip lunch” promise, just waiting for the day to speed up! I wish I had control of time to make it speed up just for a few hours, maybe 1pm or so… Then to slow it down so that the rest of this weekend goes by nice and slow.

I want to enjoy every offering of this weekend. I want to digest it, process it, retain it, and file it away neatly in my library of memories that are so real I could relive them everyday. I might even write about it if inspiration finds my exhausted mind.

There are so many things I want to blog about but right now, this is all that is running through my mind.

I am so excited :D

~*~*~*~*~*~
WELL WISHES
Today I have an abundance of excitement (No, say it isn’t so!). I wish to pass that on to you. So that you too may feel what it’s like to have that joyous anticipation that you know will herald good times. I wish you not only the anticipation, but also the good times that go along with them. That, and many hugs...

You are a blessing to me everyday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its so nice to see you this excited! I know you'll have an awesome weekend!

Oh, and yes, there are people that are up at 4:45 AM...lol! I'm up at 3:50 every morning that I work so there!

Grahamburger said...

So, wait...do you think you might be a little excited? I couldn't tell from your post. :P

Have fun this weekend! You deserve it!! :)

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...