Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Maybe, through the Dirty Window


Maybe, Through the Dirty Window

Sitting alone in this mode of hold
Clocks ticking away at the day
Teeth suffer the wear of my stress
As the enamel ebbs slowly away

Like a record the thoughts spin
Continually round and round
Where can I go, what can I do?
I need to get back on ground

Possibilities rise and fall eager to be my salvation,
Spiking their sales pitch like a seismograph
Each one thought of, turned over, mused about
Eventually resting untouched in the past

The train keeps moving forward
But here I sit unmoved
Life keeps unfolding about me
But somehow I’ve lost my groove

The record needle skitters around its tracks, skipping often
When the rails on my train threaten to come undone
But still in any dim light of chance attempted
I’m left with my two hands empty, nothing won.

So now I sit forever on hold
Praying for a miracle to come through
As life continues on about me
Tearing away at more of me; my youth

I think as the sun sets slowly tonight
I’ll peer out the dirty window as I go by
Maybe beauty ensconced in life’s chaos
Can offer some hope to my starved eyes.

Maybe

©SKW

No comments:

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...