Thursday, April 26, 2007

Love's the Only House

I was standing in the grocery store line
The one they marked express
When this woman came through with about 25 things
And I said don't you know that more is less
She said this world is moving so fast
But I just get more behind with every day
And every morning when I make my coffee
I can't believe my life's turned out this way
All I could say was

Love's the only house big enough for all the pain in the world
Love's the only house big enough for all the pain

You drive three miles from all this prosperity
Down across the river and you see a ghetto there
And we got children walking around with guns
And they got knives with drugs and pain to spare
And here I am in my clean, white shirt
With a little money in my pocket and a nice warm home
And we got teenagers walkin' around in a culture of darkness
Livin' together alone, and all I can say is

Love's the only house big enough for all the pain in the world
Love's the only house big enough for all the pain

And I can't explain it and I can't understand
But I'll come down and get my hands dirty and together we'll make a stand
Somewhere cross the parking lot some bands playin out of tune
City streets are gonna burn if we don't do something soon
And senorita can't quit cryin, baby's due now any day
Don Juan left, got sick of tryin
No one there to show him the way she came down to the grocery store and
She said I, I wanna buy a little carton of milk but I don't have any money
I said hey I'll cover you honey cause the pain's gotta go somewhere
Yeah the pain's gotta go someplace
So come on down to my house
Don't you know that

Love's the only house big enough for all the pain in the world
Love's the only house big enough for all the pain

Love’s the Only HouseMartina McBride

~*~*~*~*~*~
This is the song that I was listening to on my way in to work today. It’s an older song, but it came up on my iPod playlist and it still makes me cry when hearing it. It’s such a true portrait of where we are in the world today. This song was followed up with Switchfoot – This is your Life. That’s another good song of reflection for me.

Would you believe I’m 35 and I still don’t know that I’m who I want to be? I think in the big scheme of things this is the way it goes. After all that’s what the journey of life is right? Growth, change, awareness, re-membering, experiencing, etc.

But in other ways I have so many things I want to do and while neither one of them individually makes me who I want to be, they add up to a picture of someone I know I would like to be. The interesting thing is while I’m in this hold pattern, I know that I’m not someone different, I’m just getting to those points/actions in my life slower than I would like. Make sense?

Surprisingly the name post I did a few days ago (All About…Muse) was eerily accurate in a lot of ways. I have so many things I want to do that sometimes the end result is a feeling of being scattered. Too many endeavors and not enough arms so to speak. One of my goals going forward is to really iron my chosen path out; to really push in one direction and go for it.

I also still have a lot of interpersonal work to do and that takes time. But that’s a part of the process of change; patience, acceptance, success.

This is my morning reflection; the recognition that I can’t change certain things in my life (money, getting into school, etc), but I can work on others (purpose, direction, focus, losing weight, interpersonal happiness, living in the present and enjoying life to the fullest).

Each day we start again, each day we have a chance to do what we wanted to do. I have hope for today.

So should you.

~*~*~*~*~*~
WELL WISHES


Hope is such a powerful emotion. It’s such a small piece of the big picture but when utilized can be such a big inspiration to us all. I write from the perspective that everyone at some point may glean some usefulness from the words I pen down. Today is no different. Today’s wish for you all is that you have hope. Maybe you don’t need hope today. Maybe your day, your life is exactly where it should be in your mind. For you I still give you hope that it may fill your day with inspiration. Maybe if you’re like me, you do need hope. Hope for change, hope for the world, hope to just make it through the day. For you I send hope too, because right now I have enough to go around. May it light upon your shoulder and rest there all day guiding you and inspiring you to greatness in everything you do. That is my wish for you today

You are a blessing to me everyday (and for those skeptics, I truly mean this ;)

XO
Muse

~*~*~*~*~*~
AND REMEMBER


"Happiness lies in the consciousness we have of it." ~George Sand

***EDIT***
I've deleted the Blog: Digital Soup Online. I've been thinking of doing that for months. It never receives any hits, and the only comments it gets are spam comments. I enjoyed posting those posts for the time that it existed.

2 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

I didn't even know about your other blog!

I'm 37 and am in the same boat, have no idea what the heck I am doing with my life. I think it's more common than either of us realize.

I hope you find that path and pursue it with passion and inspiration!

Anonymous said...

How cosmic that you should invite me to read your blog today. Your poem is exquisite. Your writing has become more refined, reflectly the thoughts and feelings of an even wiser soul. Your comments about hope are timely for me. Instilling hope in others is increasingly becoming part of my calling. I would love to chat with you about it in a more private channel when we have the time. Thanks again dear :)

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...