Thursday, April 26, 2007

Rose Colored Past


In the warm embrace of the rosy past
Dreams flourish and dance
Sensuously clouds glide by
Disguising the hurt so long ago felt
Now sublimely changed

I am the dancer
Dancing to a tune only I know
Music filters through changed, light, pleasant
Providing the smile that drapes across my face
Limber and light I sway inexplicably lost

For but a moment the past rosy though it is
Maintains the presence of what I want now
Eyes closed, silent tears wipe clean my face
My mind plays like a child free
Roaming among the sun kissed flowers and trees

That grow perfectly in the garden of memories

I am the gardener
Pruning the weeds of memory
Allowing the sun filtered to shine its vitamin gaze
A lovers caress, the sun streams golden rays
Soft to the touch, warming, engaging

Intoxicating scents, exotic in their nature
Spark the elemental, primal flash of joy
Unfettered by reality
Unhindered by fear
Music swells, like ocean waves crashing luxuriously

Against my now warmed heart
Oh how the past sings to me
How it feeds me at times
Nutritious in its perfectly planned courses
Stimulating in its perfection

Until such time as I must wake


And remove my rose colored glasses.

©SKW

1 comment:

Rob Kistner said...

"I am the dancer
Dancing to a tune only I know"

Very nice!

--and so it goes--
...Rob

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...