Monday, April 09, 2007

Where to begin...

She walked in the room and conversation ceased. The hushed silence brought on by everyone’s smiles and glances insisted that indeed she was royalty. Heading straight to the reception desk where she was greeted with a soft hello and a welcome to the Hotel Monaco, the Muse smiled and knew that a weekend removed from all life’s daily routines was underway…

~*~

This weekend… This weekend. Oh my goodness there just aren’t enough descriptive words in the English language to describe this weekend. So I’ll offer snippets. Little tasty tidbits if you will. Here we begin:

Chocolate covered strawberries delivered to the room. Fizzy balls of aromatherapy for the hot tub. A room that looked like a palace. People dying to wait on you hand and foot. Wide screen plasma HD TV on the wall. A dozen beautiful long stem roses. Turn down service complete with chocolates and a breakfast card for room service. Phenomenal breakfast offerings and even better dinner offerings. Fully stocked wet bar. TV and snack tray in the bedroom of the suite. Chaise lounges in two different places. Window seating in EVERY single window the room had. Black out drapes that made day turn to darkest night with the simple tug of the drapes. Pillows you sank into forming against your shape. Wine tasting every night between 5 and 6pm. Homemade chocolate cookies so warm they melted in your mouth. A doorman who opened and closed every door for you as well as hailed a cab at any time. A concierge willing to do anything for you if you just ask. Wicked (need I say more?). An extra day of pampering. Blue Man Group!

And the best part? The thing that topped it all? Well two actually:

The company of one very caring man – Google Man
The company on our last day of two very special friends: Mrs. Virgo and Kyle

From the start on Thursday on arriving, I felt removed from my life. I felt like a princess or maybe even a queen. The whole weekend had its wonderful moments like this that reminded me of just how special an occasion like this is. I’m busily trying to imprint every single memory into my head, and busy trying to plan some future things ;)

So now, where words have failed me, I will give you pictures. Rest assured this muse had the best weekend of her life in so many ways this weekend. (It had been lengthened by a day too!)

Thank you Google man, for an experience I shall never forget.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your happiness is OOZING from this post! It makes me smile. Everything sounds as if it was PERFECT. I'm glad it was so fabulous.

Suzie Ridler said...

It sounds and looks like heaven Lady M! I'm so glad you had a wonderful trip, it sounds perfect.

Grahamburger said...

Sounds like the PERFECT weekend! YAYYYY!

Although, I believe I said "Call me when you get home from the weekend!" and I believe you said "OhmigodIdefinitelywill!" (because you were all excited and talking fast).
Don't worry, I forgive you. And I fully plan to kill your good mood tomorrow. Yeah, that's right, I'mma call you. :P

Anonymous said...

awwww it looks like you had a blast!!! very happy for you (:.

i looove you (a MISS you)

Grahamburger said...

Poo, I didn't have a chance to call you today. Hopefullu tomorrow then!!

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...