Thursday, September 15, 2005

STOP the press!

OMG stop the press, I’ve either had too much sleep or I don’t know what.  This whole shift in thought has me scared.

But it was just a moment or two, and perhaps excitement is infectious after all.  Bleh… I don’t want to be excited about someone else’s ability to spend money.  

Maybe my excitement is that I get paid today and I too join the ranks of people able to spend money…  Hmmm….

SO today Sharon was talking AGAIN of her house remodeling.  Most of it went over my head like the breeze in the air that I can only attribute to be her hot air.  Ooops was that my speaking voice?  

Anyway, she mentioned something that caught my ear and * gasp * got my attention!.  The painter that came and painted her house painted her light fixtures to look like stained glass.  Oooooh, ahhhhh… When I moved into my apartment they had to replace the bathroom hanging lights for me.  When they took the old ones down, for some reason I asked if I could keep them, and they said yes.  I’m thinking about this painting thing… Maybe make my very own candle holders (the electrical housing is bad).  
Then I started thinking of all the crafting I used to do and got excited thinking that maybe, just maybe I could drag my ass offline for a day to indulge in some creation of something or other.  

Oh wait; hmm it’s been an hour now.  The feeling is passed.  

Ooh I joined the newest part of allpoetry.com today.  It’s called Share Poetry and it’s where serious poets can post and request NON sugar coated candy apple responses from fellow poets.  Hmmph, we’ll see what happens.  I only posted one so far.. Sleepers.

Thursday, Thursday, Thursday.  Why can’t you just be Friday?


Random Poetry

Switching lanes I digress into the slow lane
To my left speeding bullets of the life I should lead
Go by in a blur
The police cars waiting are those voices of expectation
“Halt!”  “Do you know you were ignoring your life?”
Ticketed with an LUI “Living under the influence of something different than expected”
I numbly go back to my day
Where is my radar detector so I can avoid this next time…?  

(wow I have no idea about this one lol… I would really like to see your feedback on this random poem.  Do you think I should post it? Or is it just mindless garbage to be tossed onto the piling heap :P )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YES! Post it! I really loved that [=. I think living in the slow lane might be a good idea for me to try out right about now. Everything seems to be going by too fast and I don't have time to watch it all. Anyways, I really do love the poem and I do think you should post it *hugs* (:. Your writing is beautiful <33.

I had a ton of fun with you tonight and I enjoyed tuning in. I can't wait for the weekend (: >:D< I hope you have a very wonderful Friday *hugs* sleep tight, mother Muse (:.

love,
justina

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...