Wednesday, September 21, 2005

The year in review

The year in review…


Today’s birthday holds no real significance for me.  Meaning that, it’s just a year.  But I’m really trying to focus on the special-ness of being born today.  Does that sound strange?  Heh, I’m so used to not even remembering my own damn birthday.  Indeed a few have forgotten it a few times in my history as well.  Sometimes when I’m down I feel like I don’t even remember that I was born, I was created, I am a miracle.  

Birth is a miracle.  Being created, is a miracle.  We get so caught up in daily life that sometimes perhaps we forget that we were created.  Lovingly created… and that makes EVERY SINGLE one of us special.

Yesterday I got all depressed thinking “Oh my god it’s been another year and I’ve done nothing!”  But that’s not what’s important is it?  Maybe it shouldn’t be all about your accomplishments but merely that you live.  

I think that for my down sides (and there are many *laugh*) there are some very good upsides too.  

A lot of people may have varied opinions of me.  Some have even gone as far to call me hippy.  This is due to the fact that I walk around telling everyone how special they are.  It doesn’t bother me that people think I may be a little nuts as long as they hear me speak.  Because even the most hardened mind will hear “You’re special” and somewhere along their life perhaps something will water that little seed I’ve planted.  And someday even perhaps that person will feel the truth of what I said.  

I am able to do this so freely online.  It’s the perfect environment for it.  Not only do most who are online come here to hide, but most are able to immerse themselves in the comfort of this world, that they don’t fight… they listen.

People share their darkest fears here; their deepest secrets (look at some of these blogs, or poetry posted).  It’s the perfect time to remind them they’re special.  

Do I have some greater purpose?  No…  I just think that on occasion we’re given rare glimpses of what real beauty is.  It’s not some perfect face, perfect life, or even a beautifully perfect rose, it’s the fact that we can SEE life, FEEL life, LIVE life.  The true beauty is in the miracle of us… each of us and today without fear of conceit, I celebrate the miracle of birth.  Happy birthday to everyone born this day.  Happy birthday to myself, and happy day to those sharing in the moment with others.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you have found your purpose. You bring such joy to the people around you. Your strength and your beauty encourage us to strive for more.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday CAl :). You truly do hold a great deal of importance in my heart and I <3 you. I wish you a wonderful day and year ahead. Thank you for everything *hugs*.

Kami

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...