Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Digital Soup

Wow how time flies…

It’s been 5 days since I posted and I missed it *kisses her blog* I hope you all missed my posts too :D Otherwise I’ll just cry (J/k)

I’ve been so busy lately with the project that I call a miracle project lol in that it has renewed interest and is now moving full steam ahead! The Digital soup project that last week Wednesday I had practically written of as not do-able has been revived and is almost in the final stages. I decided to post one last time about the project and offer a firm date for submissions and since then… WOW. The book is complete with an original cover, and is now 135 pages long as of today! I’m so excited for this project.

So those of you who may not be aware of it know, it’s a project I’ve been working on for two years now. It is dedicated to Jessie Smith who died of cancer June 13, 2004. She was an integral part of our community. The message in this dedication is one she wrote herself and you can read it on the utopia skye forums in the Chat! How’s Life section. The title is officially Digital Soup and the book contains three sections
  1. Digital Soup for the heart and Soul; and Online Collaboration (this is where people from all walks of life who play on the internet, work on the internet, or chat online have submitted works to me highlighting their stories and the benefits of being online. There are some very special stories in this section).

  2. Digital Soup Expressions; Letters from the House of Love (this is a section devoted entirely to love letters I’ve written. These are love letters that while inspired by others are written entirely of a fictitious nature for enjoyment and insight into the many facets of love)

  3. Digital Soup- The Book of Light; Little Snippets of Joy (this is a section that houses a collection of about 22 of my light poems. Poems of love, joy, friendship etc. There are some new writings previously unpublished in there as well as a piece written in the spirit of this project itself).

I am highly promoting this book and hope that it is successful in its endeavor to carry a positive message to many. In light of this I have decided that I am not going to take any royalties (aside from publication cost) preferring instead to donate to a Cancer foundation from Utopia Skye in honor of Jessie.

I have set a minimum cap that will go to the cancer foundation. If we exceed that then it’s a split of 75%/25%, the 25% to cover the cost of publication and marketing as well as help fund Utopia Skye. Please if you can see your way to support this project, please do so. You can look for the book at http://www.lulu.com/ mid February. If you wish to make arrangements to purchase multiple copies to be distributed to your local stores please get in touch with me and we can work this out together at a slightly lower cost.

In my life I want to make a difference. Even if I do NOTHING else but send a message of love out just this once, then I will have accomplished something and helped some others along the way. This is truly a project of love.

Thank you for sharing in it with me
XO

~S

No comments:

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...