Friday, January 27, 2006

And on Friday the muse said LET THERE BE LOTS OF SUGAR, & thus it was so, & thus it was good :P

"There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it." ~Edith Wharton

To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
~Be proud of who you are.  You are a strong, beautiful, talented woman.  Reward yourself! Submitted by: Beth Karel

Today’s affirmations above…  Thank you Beth for the wonderful reminder that I have some worth in this world, believe it or not it is easy to forget. ;)  As for the first quote, I’ve always said to folks who said I was special “I’m just the mirror, I can only give out what you give me “.  

I can’t thank you folks enough for contributing these affirmations.  The list keeps growing and believe it or not I have now a total of 14 pages of affirmations, prayers, reminders of how I’ve affected someone, memories of love shared, etc.  I won’t say it’s a miracle cure for things, but it has certainly given me a great amount of peace these past few weeks.  

Excitement is growing over this book.  In 5 days I will close the submissions and work on finishing the rest of the book. The press release is written and ready to go, and the cover is almost done being voted on.  There are some surprises in this book for some people.  I hope they enjoy it.  

I’ve never been one to single people out, but in our lives sometimes others stand out over the rest, and other times different people do.  Some of my work celebrates a moment when one particular person or a group of people stood out.  I hope that people who read this do not feel slighted that they didn’t get a mention.  This whole BOOK is for all of you.  Truly the big picture message is for EVERYONE especially those I call friend to know that this was done for you.  This is something I felt so strongly about that I was compelled, obsessed even, with it.  

I even wrote a new poem for it!  

I know lately my muse has been quiet in the writing department but I think that’s just focused energy on this book.  It seems it’s all I can talk about (and thank you all for listening and nodding politely when I babble on about it :P).  

Here’s the timeline.  Money is hard for me so the “mass” production of this will be in stages as money presents itself.  
  1. First and foremost  get the book created and uploaded to lulu.com.  It will ONLY be available in hard bound.  I’m not at this time, offering this electronically as I wish to have this document/book kept safe for as long as possible from the world of piracy and copying.

  2. Buy the ISBN Code that does the following (from lulu.com):
a. gives a unique ISBN for your book

  • A scannable Bookland-EAN bar code automatically printed on the back cover (not applicable to one-piece covers)

  • Your book listed in Books In Print, the searchable database that librarians, booksellers, publishers, students, faculty, researchers, library patrons and bookstore customers use to find the exact titles they need

  • The ability to take your books into the local bookstore for them to sell

  • Once I do that, then I’ll need to buy the press release package from major PR companies to get my press release read

  • Buy a copy of the book for myself and if possible a few others for other special folks

  • Buy several copies of the book for the retail shops locally to me.  (and somewhere before this step conclude negotiations for them to advertise the book and such…)

It is a lot to do for sure.  I’ve included a dedication page.  It may seem a bit overdone, but while the utopia skye community knows who and what Jessie stood for, the average reader won’t.  I’ve also made a page of personal thank you notes.  It’s important to me that credit be given where due.

I want to send a shout out today to a new friend Phil who has made my enjoyment of There.come exceptional lately.  Cheers for good conversation, understanding, and communication my friend!  

Random Poetry (A Haiku for all my friends, yes Phil and Kevin that includes you too :P)

When winter abates
I’m left with warmth in my heart
This, is thanks to you

No comments:

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...