Friday, January 13, 2006

Friday the 13th and a SERENADE!


Always remember our poetry wars with a smile; you are a fun-loving, talented, beautiful woman. For fun, write a haiku about something that makes you laugh. ~Shaun

"We are each gifted in a unique and important way. It is our privilege and our adventure to discover our own special light." ~ Mary Dunbar


You know what Shaun? I do remember those poetry wars! I loved them. Here we are two friends in the sims online. Without the other knowing it, we had each created Sims in the snow capped covered city of Mt. Fuji. And there one day while I was alone in my home, Shaun came by and lo and behold The Poetry wars were born. While we painted portraits and landscapes, we spouted off haiku and poetry line by line in a war to see how long we could go.

I believe if I remember correctly that was when I discovered how to write haiku, though never in the traditional sense, but definitely following literary rule.

Haiku is one of the most important modes of Japanese poetry, a late 19th century revision by Masaoka Shiki of the older hokku (発句), the opening verse of a linked verse form, haikai no renga . A traditional hokku consists of a pattern of approximately 5, 7, and 5 morae, phonetic units which only partially correspond to the syllables of languages such as English. It also contains a special season word (the kigo) descriptive of the season in which it is set. Hokku often combine two (or rarely, three) different elements into a unified sensory impression, with a major grammatical break (kire) at the end of either the first five or second seven morae. These
rules are considered essential to haiku as well, though often broken by modern writers of "free-form haiku" and of non-Japanese haiku.

I’ve written haiku’s about ice cream, friendships, etc, but never using a season phrase. In any event those poetry wars were wonderful creative moments, and great friendship moments. Thanks for the memory of them today Shaun. And because I have promised to follow what is being told of me in these affirmations, here is my haiku for today

Today the sun shines
Dispelling the winter blue
Memory warms me

And for the other quote, its funny sometimes when I think of myself now, I think of a light shining from my heart that I allow all to see. You know we have this projected image of ourselves, and mine used to be a confident woman, looking how I wish to look, outgoing etc. I was most of that already though and so when I lost that with depression I had to find a better image to project. What better an image than warm, pure light? At lease that is my thought. I am still discovering my light…and I find lately, that I don’t mind the journey.

As for the beginning of the day, its Friday so I can’t really complain, but I have special thanks to give out to someone today for serenading me in my voice mail! Yes, you read right, I WAS SERENADED!!!! I’m still grinning over it as we speak. Don’t’ worry Mr. serenader (if you’re reading this), you did wonderfully and you elicited the desired effect. I’m all smiles now ( Thank you for starting my day off with something unique and fun and very good I might add.

I also have another person to thank. He’s been a quiet sort of strength in my friends online lately. Well for a long time, but recently I sense the bond deepens a bit and I know that when ANYONE lets you into their lives online or off, it is a special thing. So thank you my friend you know who you are, for letting me into that special place of your life. Being there has truly helped me in ways you can’t know…

Good luck Kamio!! Today she has her final and believe it or not it’s an interview she has to do! I spoke to her about it two days ago and I politely informed her that she was talking to the one and only interview QUEEN! I mean literally I think I’ve been on just about every type of interview possible lol. Before finding stability in my job, I had sooooo many jobs. I had to go on interviews at each one don’t ya know. So I hope the little coaching I did helped you hon. Good luck!

I hope Beth finds strength today to make her life what she wants, I hope Dana feels well today, I hope Kyle smiles a lot today, I hope my mother has a good day full of love, I hope Corwin does well as the jury foreman and decides to give a verdict of SUE THEM ALL!!!! (j/k :P). Lets see, I hope everyone that I don’t name directly here, has a wonderful day and can actually feel the love that I send them. And last but not least, I hope that today remains as bright for me throughout the day as it has started.

Heh, I just realized that today is Friday the 13th. ;) So I wish also for everyone to have the BEST OF LUCK in all you do today.

*hugs and kisses to you all*
~S

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww thank you Calliope!! Your coaching helped me very much! You prepared me (:. I did well, too. Thank you sooo much!!

>:D<

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...