Wednesday, January 25, 2006

One mans garbage is anothers treasure

Just as treasures are uncovered from the earth, so virtue appears from good deeds, and wisdom appears from a pure and peaceful mind. To walk safely through the maze of human life, one needs the light of wisdom and the guidance of virtue.”  ~ Hindu Prince Gautama Siddharta, the founder of Buddhism, 563-483 B.C.

"Life is not a random event. It has purpose and provides for the unfoldment of a divine plan with opportunities to make choices and decisions in every moment."----Collin C. Tipping

Ok so I really didn’t “pull” the second one, but you have to admit that is a damn good quote!  Today is a decent day.  You know what sucks though?  Getting old!  Man I remember a time when I would be up all damn night and be only mildly tired the next day.  Now when I’m up too late I suffer for it for like 4 days LOL.  I got really excited about being back in there.com recently.  And on Saturday I decided to purchase a home and decorate it…  I was up quite late and then went to bed and got up two hours later.  I’m STILL recuperating.  Ah well what are you going to do right?

The good news of the day:

I’M GOING OUT TONIGHT!

Yup you read right.  I’m going for sushi!  A friend from Ohio is in town on business and wanted to get together and he said the magic word: SUSHI.  How could I refuse?  

I’m a bit tired this morning, at 4am the neighbor across the hall (Used to be psycho guy, but I think it’s his wacky sister now) has been drilling, pounding, and doing construction starting at like 4am.  Its bad enough that the movie “The Grudge” has me sleeping with the hall light on the past few nights (Oh come in, it’s not that scary, but the ONLY light in my bedroom – my closet light, went out RIGHT as the woman that scares everyone showed up and the music was loud and scary and I’ve been scared ever since :P), but now I have to deal with construction.  It’s better than people banging on my door, drunk in the halls I suppose, but where I couldn’t GET to sleep because of psycho dude, now I cant STAY asleep because of his wacky sister.  Some family…

I’ve been talking to everyone I can think of about the book.  I even called a few work associates from previous employers and have been touting this book to them.  I have a few pre-orders already for it.  I hope it continues to gain momentum.  Wouldn’t it be cool if it wound up on the New York Times bestseller list?  I far fetched dream I know but think about it.  How KICK BUTT would it be to have Jessie’s story on the bestseller list!?

It’s funny though, people keep telling me I’m doing such a special thing, and I’m so special for doing this for free, etc. The truth of the matter is, I don’t feel special.  I mean in some sense I do of course, how can you NOT feel special when you do SOUL work.  But in the “I’m doing a kick ass type of thing” frame of mind, I just don’t feel special lol.  I just REALLY believe in the message that Jessie has.  I also believe in the message I’ve been touting since my emergence into the online world and that’s the same message I’ve FELT for years, but had no outlet to express because people in the “real world” are afraid.  And that message is that it’s ok to care about others and be open.  I used to tell people when they’d say You’re so kind or whatever… I used to say “I’m only a mirror”.  I truly believe that.  I can only give out what I see within that is given to me.  And as for being special I keep saying I’m not, because EVERYONE has the ability to do and feel the same as I do.  It’s just that most do not choose.

I have my own failing, lord knows!  I get depressed a LOT, I have a temper (yes I do) that’s pretty hot, I’m impatient and I get panicky if I think that something (game, person, event or whatever) is treating me unfairly.  I’m almost manic sometimes.  BUT with that extreme down side, anger whatever, is a JUST as extreme bright side.  And when I’m fully into that bright side, the whole world knows it.  I felt it in my car this morning.  It’s like a sensation that “washes” over you.  Call me crazy or maybe I’m just spouting off what you already know but the feeling is quite pleasant.  It makes me want to shine bright and be a beacon for folks to look at and smile and be happy.  

Ok lest you folks think I’m TOTALLY off my rocker, I’ll end this post with… Love, Light, and lots of smiles for you all today.
XO
~S

No comments:

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...