Thursday, January 12, 2006

Quotes on Light...


"I will love the light for it shows me the way. Yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars..." ~ Og Mandino

"We are each gifted in a unique and important way. It is our privilege and our adventure to discover our own special light." ~ Mary Dunbar

"There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it." ~Edith Wharton

"We cannot hold a torch to light another's path without brightening our own." ~Ben Sweetland

"One thing that comes out in myths is that at the bottom of the abyss comes the voice of salvation. The black moment is the moment when the real message of transformation is going to come. At the darkest moment comes the light." ~ Joseph Campbell

"Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence, and I've learned that whatever state I may be in, therein to be content." ~ Helen Keller

"I am not bound to win; I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live up to the light I have." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Favorite people, favorite places, favorite memories of the past. These are the joys of a lifetime; these are the things that last." ~ Henry Van Dyke

You must be strong now. You must never give up. And when people make you cry and you are afraid of the dark, don't forget the light is always there.” ~Unknown

Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light, I have loved the stars too fondly To be fearful of the night”. ~ Sarah Williams

Just as treasures are uncovered from the earth, so virtue appears from good deeds, and wisdom appears from a pure and peaceful mind. To walk safely through the maze of human life, one needs the light of wisdom and the guidance of virtue.” ~ Hindu Prince Gautama Siddharta, the founder of Buddhism, 563-483 B.C.

People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.” ~ Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

Perhaps it will seem to you that the sunshine is brighter and that everything has a new charm. At least, I believe this is always the result of a deep love, and it is a beautiful thing. And I believe people who think love prevents one from thinking clearly are wrong; for then one thinks very clearly and is more active than before. And love is something eternal--the aspect may change, but not the essence. There is the same difference in a person before and after he is in love as there is in an unlighted lamp and one that is burning. The lamp was there and it was a good lamp, but now it is shedding light too, and that is its real function. And love makes one calmer about many things, and in that way, one is more fit for one's work.” ~ Vincent van Gogh

No comments:

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...