Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Quick story...

"yea so dont like get used to this or anything" the woman said from her hidden face as she fished for an item in her purse. I smiled knowing that what she was about to give me was the best thing I could ever hope for. She muttered under her breath some more and I could hear items clinking around in her bag... "Don't see as how this will help much nowadays... things being so expensive and all". Her hair greasy hung in front of her face. One could barely see past all of it, it was so thick and with her head hung down no one would ever know of her eyes if they didn't wait to see them. I had been priviledged to see them once... Somehow through that one vision I saw them and she saw my soul and a bond was forged. Strange the intricacies of life, how the web weaves us together.

"I GOT IT" she shouted with joy. "And it's all yours". She looked up from her searching, her smile showing a nearly toothless grin. Her eyes twinkled and her eyes crinkled at the corners while she held what I needed clutched tight in her hand. She leaned forward her blue eyes shining almost with a light behind them as she said "And I would only give this to you... it's my precious, my last one". She grabbed my hand and pressed the item into my palm. It was warm from the few minutes she had been holding it. Slowly I looked down at my hand and unfolded the fingers she had pressed so tightly to my palm. There ... there it was, the shiny quarter I had been seeking. It was the last in my collection that I needed. I looked up at her and smiled brightly thanking her profusely. I turned around and ran home eager to place it in my collection when all of a sudden.....



I woke up.
©SKW

No comments:

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...