Thursday, November 11, 2004

Thursdays child was what again?

Anyone remember that poem, Monday's child was... I never remember it. I have NO idea why that came to mind. I was sooooo tired last night. I still didn't get to bed until 1:30am though *sigh*. my own fault I know. I'm not complaining mind you, I"m just stating a fact.

Kyle responded to my random thoughts on writing. hyperbole... hyperbole... Perhaps. Good comment Kyle. :) Well written.

So what's today's random whatever lol. I have NO idea. I'm just going about my day. Got up later than I wanted because I went to bed later than I wanted, so I didn't get to walk this morning :(. My plan is to take three half hour segments for myself in each day. 10 minue warm up, 10 minute brisk walk, 10 minute cool down. The average adult is supposed to get 30-60 minutes of exercise per day. I'm hoping to at least be in the ballpark there lol.

I'm at my job now. I'm supposed to be working but I just detest the work so much. It's just mindless and boring and the other half of the time I dont know what I'm supposed to be doing since it changes daily. But job searches produce nothing and I'm almost positive that I know why. My resume is quite well written, recently modified to be shorter, more concise and now that I have a plethora of skills behind me it actually represents true skills lol. Not just the re-worded single skill lol. I present well at an interview always. Dressed in suits etc. I know all the interview tactics, eye contact, body movement, etc. But things are different for me lately. While I know these things I'mnot as eager as I used to to make such great eye contact, etc. I'm looking for the place that wants someone who's natural, not stiff. Add to that my weight and you have one candidate who wont be looked at for a job. Sucks doesn't it? That this day and age where enlightenment is paramount, we still can't see past the box of an exterior to truly see the hidden gems. Because there inside that person you wrinkle your nose up to is someone full of such beauty... and they would share it too, with just a little coaxing. Granted being overweight is not healthy of course, but beyond that at least you can truly tell who your friends are, and you can develop a sense of beauty so deep...

But, I digress...

In any event, needless to say my job isn't changing any time soon so I should try to make it the best i can eh? I'm almost to the point of being able to live on my salary without depleting my almost non existent savings anymore. Unfortunately this means I go nowhere, do nothing, etc. I am happy that I'm on my own... very happy for that :). I've never been on my own, it's nice. But companionship has it's own merit too. However as we've seen I've covered that topic sooooooo much it's almost redundant even in the slightest mention anymore in my blog lol.

So lets move on shall we?

Today's affirmation from the Tao Te Ching (chapter 6)
The Tao is called the Great Mother:
empty yet inexhaustible,
it gives birth to infinite worlds.

It is always present within you.
You can use it any way you want.


And from "The Tao of Pooh"

"Lots of people talk to animals," said Pooh.
"Not that many listen though."
"That's the problem."

Where Tao represents, "In Chinese philosophy, the Way the ultimate and eternal principle of unity, meaning, and harmony in the universe"

Yea so that's the affirmation of the day, use the tao... it's within you and LISTEN fully with your heart.... Take that further and SEE with your heart... and KNOW beauty. I soooo need to get the Tao Te Ching, and the Tao of Pooh. I own neither though I've read the Tao online...

Random poetry comin atcha

The single leaf fire & gold
twisted loose from its home
fluttering, falling, dancing
twirling in its decent to rest
adding uniqueness to the collage
greens, golds, reds
somewhere infinte understanding is present
somewhere in the single leaf
becoming the vision
of fall
©SKW

No comments:

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...