Thursday, December 14, 2006

7 Pounds lost; sunrise sets in; healing is on its way... :)

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom the emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause and stand wrapped in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed." ~Albert Einstein

Many persons have a wrong idea of what constitutes true happiness. It is not attained through self-gratification but through fidelity to a worthy purpose. ~Helen Keller

~*~*~*~*~*~

Good news!

I’VE LOST 7 POUNDS IN ONE WEEK! WOOHOO. This means that my total weight loss since before the surgery is 25 pounds!! That’s fabulous! 9-18-06 – 12-14-06, 25 pounds!

Bad news:

I’m sick still. The doctor did a lot of poking around today and told me that she thinks it’s viral. I have to watch my temperature for a few days and if I spike more than once, than I HAVE to have a CT Scan, there just is no way around it. When I got my temperature taken at the doctors office it was lower than it has been in 4 days, so this is a good sign. Pray I do not need a CT Scan, the cost is $800-$1000. But if necessary they will do one. Keep in mind if they DO perform a CT scan and find a pocket of infection they will need to open me up and get rid of it. I don’t know what that involves, but I’d rather not find out.

The thing that sucks in this is that I returned to work last week. Since my return I’ve missed one day last week due to my fall and two days thus far this week, due to my infection. Talk about feeling bad. Not that I have any love for them trust me, but I need income, and I need it now.

So for now, for today I’ll keep in mind the good news, that I’ve lost 7 pounds in one week, 25 pounds in three months and my energy level just keeps getting higher. This makes everything better.

And on a side note, because the appointment was so early this morning, I was blessed to see another lovely sunrise. My only regret was that I wished I had my camera so I could share it all with you. It was a lovely splash of corals, oranges, fire streaks of color and purple on a canvas that was spectacularly breathtaking to behold. I never really ever watched a sunrise before these past few months, so I’m grateful I’ve had the chance at 35 to enjoy what most people see regularly.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

~*~*~*~*~*~
DAILY INSPIRATIONS

I was going through the archives of Digital Soup Online; the Blog, and found some very insightful things that I had at the time just slapped up there in my attempt to post regularly. You might want to take some time to check them out too, they’re a good read and might even make you smile ;)

~*~*~*~*~*~
WELL WISHES

Today as I feel a bit more relaxed that at least at this point nothing is wrong inside me, I truly wish and hope to share with you that feeling of relaxation. May you find a moment in your day where time slows down, where the kids don’t scream, and where relaxation gently tugs at you reminding you it’s there to be had.

You are a blessing to me everyday.

~*~*~*~*~*~
AND REMEMBER

There is no need to go to India or anywhere else to find peace. You will find that deep place of silence right in your room, your garden or even your bathtub. ~Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

1 comment:

Suzie Ridler said...

Wow, you are doing AMAZING Muse! Way to go, you are really transforming yourself into a health Goddess! Now you just got to get that infection under control. Talk to your doctor about astragulas (if you don't have asthma). That's what I take to boost my immunity and it really works (most things don't, LOL). Make sure it's OK for you go try. It's an Asian herb that has changed my health for the better. Don't take in for long periods, just when you need it.

Brightest blessings!

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...