Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The many ways I love my favorite family in New York

I have known this family for over 3 years now. I am very close with their son (shaun as I refer to him) and am now very close with their mother. I like to thnk I'm in integrated part of their lives and quite often I feel as such when Barbara calls to check on me, chat with me or listen to me. Even in my darkest times, I can reflect on the precious people in my life who haven't even met me, yet love me as much as I love them.

I'm a big stickler for people not spending money on me. I know how hard it is to have or retain money (trust me I do), but I do love gifts. They are a guilty plesaure of mine that I will tell everyone NOT to get me, but will LOVE to yell at them for doing so later on ;)

Gifts do not make up the love, they are not the relationship, they are an extension of it. I love every single thing this family has ever gotten me. To me it represents with absolute clairty the love that people can feel for each other across miles, different lives, tastes and opinions. It's a love born of truth and purity. I am grateful for that love. I am grateful for the shoulders I can call and cry on, the laughter I can share with EVERYONE in the family, not just the son who i met first.

And today when I'm home sick with a fever (I slept until 1pm today!), when I'm woken up by the postman with a package from this wonderful family, not even the temperature, sweats or illness can keep me from smiling.

I love you Barbara, Vinny Shaun & Anna, you make my everyday extraordinary. Thank you so much.

XOXOXOXO

~*~*~*~*~*~


In this picture you can see, the two scarves which are beautiful, the handmade wooden Chopsticks set, the handmade wooden fan which smells like incense, the GORGEOUS wooden box the chopsticks came in, the card, the jewlry, the trinkets and believe me this isn't even the whole picture....


This is a top view of the display of things, you'll note that a dvd found it's way into the package, one of a movie I just LOVE. in fact one of my characters in Guild Wars is named after the boat from this movie "Renovatio" which is Latin for rebirth.



These two pictures are of the beuatiful handmade wooden box that houses the chopsticks set. STUNNING...



These two pictures are of a FABULOUS brown silk (I think) scarf that has gorgeous butterflies on it with light fringe all around. I took two pictures because in one you can see the brown, and in the other while it looks burgundy you can see the butterflies on them.



And this scarf is a feather light, silk of blue and gold. it is just amazing.


And Look! Hershey's dark chocolate kisses that are truffles and the gorgeous angel wooden statue that when opened has several smaller versions of itself throughout... I am STILL grinning like a kid on Christmas.


~*~*~*~*~*~

I wasn't feeling too well when I took these shots, I hope you can see everything :) I love you my favorite New York Family. XO

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great family and such thoughtful gifts! Shaun is such a nice person who obviously comes from a caring family as well! Hope you are feeling better dear muse!

Anonymous said...

Gifts are great, especially when they are unexpected. Beautiful scares! I can't wait to see a picture of you wearing one or both! Rest up and get better.

Anonymous said...

That would be SCARVES lol - I knew I should have previewed my comment. C'est la vie!

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...