Friday, December 01, 2006

ATC's

So I've recently begun this art form that I read about called ATC. For those not familiar with them it stands for Artist Trading Cards. I've decided to try my hand at this art form. These pictures represent my first attempts at them, and well not my best attempts ;) But I am getting better with time as you can see by the first picture. Take a gander and give me your thoughts :D


The first row in this picture is a set of the very firs trading cards I made. The VERY first one is the third from the left. My favorite in this row is the one with the most meaning. That would be card two. As you can see the red outline represents the heart, and the inside represents life. Especially life in that it boxes us up. the star in the middle is who we all are underneath it all. As for the rest, they are pretty simple ones really. The last one however does hold a special reference for me in that for many years I collected the Love Is comics from the papers. The very night I started this project, that particular "Love Is" was laying on the floor and so... it became a card ;)

The second row of cards (or that one card :) ) is my second attempt at these and as you can see a slightly better one at that ;)

The third row is the set of cards I made just tonight. I'm a little disappointed in the placement of the word today in the first image. It would have been beautiful otherwise. the symbol to the right of the phrase is the "magical" symbol for Love. It's done with card stock, paper application, pen and vellum quotes. my favorite of tonight would have been the first one but because of the slip up in placement, my favorite is the second one. The quote in particular is wonderful but too are the two butterflies representing the two seperate things and the flower, their one common love. I daresay these cards are the best by far and am hopeful my talents in this arena will get better. I would love to pass these out to folks who want them and thus pass out some of the love and care from my heart.

So if you're interested in getting one of these, you need only ask. Email me if you want information. In any event I'll post pics of the ones I do as I do them and you can feel free to critique them or give me ideas for them too ;)

It's been EXTREMELY nice to be creative again.

Oh and on a completely seperate note, you'll notice that my blog layout has changed. Do not be frightened ;) I went with blogger beta for the labels they allow you to make on each post. I welcome all opinions on the new layout :) I'm very pleased with it myself.

One thing I think that I will change permanently is that all Daily Inspirations will be housed on Digital Soup Online; The blog. The daily inspirations are wonderful but they take quite a bit of the page. What do you think?

Be well friends, strangers, and those dear to my heart. You are a blessing to me everyday :)

xo


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful <3. i love you.

Anonymous said...

Love the new layout and love the ATCs!

Kagemusha said...

These are very nice... nice pictures.

Anonymous said...

Wow - a totally new blog-you! I like it! So glad you left and added links to some of my favorite places you've led me to, especially Light a Candle.

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...