Tuesday, December 12, 2006

To be held forever close to my heart...

On this day in 1966,

Top News Headlines This Week:
Dec 12 - US Supreme Courts votes 4-3 allowing Braves to move to Atlanta

Top Songs for 1966
We Can Work It Out by Beatles
Monday, Monday by The Mama's & the Papa's
Cherish by Association
I'm a Believer by Monkees
You Can't Hurry Love by Supremes
Summer In the City by Lovin' Spoonful
Wild Thing by Troggs

People born on December 12
1952 - Cathy Rigby McCoy Los Alamitos CA, gymnast (Olympics-4th-1968, 1972)
1915 - Frank Sinatra Hoboken NJ, singer/actor (old blue eyes/chairman of board)
1923 - Bob Barker Darrington WA, game show emcee (Price is Right)
1924 - Edward I Koch New York NY, (Mayor-D-NY, 1977-89)/judge (People's Court)

~*~*~*~*~*~

And somewhere in the small town of Galesburg, Illinois a very special birth was taking place. In a family of 8 children a special little girl named Pamela was born. She had bright eyes and a wonderful laugh. No one knew at the time of her birth that this little child, this beautiful angel would someday aspire to be a mother herself, raising children in her family. No one knew that she would meet someone when she was 8, her new sister, and that she would love her more than anything. No one knew that deep in this little child’s heart all she wanted was to be loved.

Pamela lived a life of joy, and sorrow. She took care of her sister, she tried very hard to learn all that she was taught, and she tried to live in love.

On January 21st, 1991, this little light in the world, this now grown woman of 24 was taken from those who knew and loved her. She had been going to see friends and had suffered an aneurysm while driving. It was a terrible loss in my life. I was so mad that she would be taken, that just when things were getting better in so many ways, that she should be taken. But now, on the day of her 40th Birthday, I reflect back on all the love that her life had been, and how she was so tender at all times in all she did.

Her life had been full of so many joys and so much love. She, like me, loved openly much to her mother’s dismay, as people would hurt her often. She, like me, only wanted to love and be loved. She had a light in her that no darkness or tears could ever steal.

We fought like sisters do, we loved like friends did, and we shared our souls all the way to the end. She may have not been of my blood, but she is definitely a piece of my heart. When I reflect today on her life as it meant to me, I remember her. Her memory that which I honor today is one of beauty. She was a true spirit whose place was not to be in this world of hurt. It was to be in heaven where God/Goddess/Spirit resides to nurture the special little angel who graced my life for 16 wonderful years, born on 12-12-1966, my sister in spirit and heart… Pamela

I miss you. I love you.



Pamela Lynn Wilson
12-12-1966 – 1-21- 1991
May you rest in peace

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, Cal. I'd love to have had the chance to meet her. I hope that your day goes well today/tomorrow <3.

Anonymous said...

Very powerful and moving blog today. I can tell that you wrote it with a lot of emotion and feeling behind it. Thank you for sharing it with all of us.

Love,
Mr. Uber

Anonymous said...

She must have truly been a very special person. I'm sorry I never got to meet her. But its so obvious that her light and her love continue to shine through you.

You are a gift to all whose lives you touch. Much love & peace today.

Anonymous said...

I tried posting this the other day so will try again now:

I agree with Kami, I'd loved to have met Pamela. Even though she has physically passed on, her spirit and soul still live and her presence is kept alive by posts such as this. A truly wonderful post.

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...