Monday, December 11, 2006

Monday Horoscope, Monday Blues, Direction

Increasing Spiritual Security
Virgo Daily Horoscope – Monday, December 11, 2006

You may experience a high level of sensitivity to your surroundings today, which could make you more susceptible to feelings of anxiety, anger, or depression from others. Understandably, this may make you feel vulnerable and exposed, especially while in the midst of volatile circumstances. One good way to overcome your sense of vulnerability is to strengthen your perception of a buffer zone between yourself and others today. In meditation, turn your attention inward toward your spiritual center and connect to your inner light. See this light growing larger and larger, filling you from within and radiating out to surround you with a shield of energy. See this shield effortlessly bouncing negativity away from you, infusing you with a sense of strength and peace, and allowing you to be unaffected by tense situations.

Increasing our sense of spiritual safety and security allows us to navigate through tense situations calmly and smoothly. While it is natural to be affected by the quality of our surroundings, we also have the ability to resist internalizing the things that happen around us. If we reinforce our belief that negativity cannot invade our thoughts and emotions, we automatically increase our ability to disassociate ourselves from tension and stress. We are instead able to remain calm, peaceful, and centered, regardless of the circumstances in which we may find ourselves. By focusing on building a sense of inner security and peacefulness today, you will find yourself feeling strong and positive in any setting.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Never was there a more true statement than this: “You may experience a high level of sensitivity to your surroundings today, which could make you more susceptible to feelings of anxiety, anger, or depression from others”

I have always felt deeply. In reading books, I can literally feel without even knowing someone personally, the emotions that the author (if a well crafted story) intends for one to feel. It’s the same in actions online, or offline.

When I ponder what it is I’m to do in this world (funny I still wonder that at 35), the various things I have even a remote interest in do not ring true. But being open to others, loving, helping rings true.

It has it’s downside too, in that too many people walk around with too much fear and hurt and as a result I get hurt more often than I care to. While this hurt is the same everyone feels on an ongoing basis, sometimes the amount of hurt can be deeply overwhelming to me.

It’s times like this that I like to sit out on my balcony late at night while the world is sleeping. It doesn’t provide miracle answers, or solutions to current events, but it gives me pause. It gives me time to breathe. Sometimes, the hardest thing for me to remember, especially when it’s particularly painful, is just to breathe.

Today is Monday, and I will go to my job. I will work for someone else in the hope that something else comes along. I will do my daily routine, and I will go on to the next thing that I’m supposed to do without fear. But today after spending a whole weekend in a world of hurt, I will do it with a little bit of hesitation. Not enough to stop me mind you, but enough to hopefully afford me the opportunity to make sure my barrier, the weak wall of resistance that I must strengthen is at least in place again.

And until the next step becomes clear, this is all I can do.

~*~*~*~*~*~
DAILY INSPIRATION

I have no idea how they do it, but everyday the DailyOm is very close to home for me. Today’s is no different: Getting back to Wellness. Check it out.

~*~*~*~*~*~
WELL WISHES

I hope you all have a good day. I hope sincerely that even if you’re in a path like me while you wait for your next step that you can find something to at least help you breathe if not help you smile just a little bit more today.

You are a blessing to me everyday.

~*~*~*~*~*~
AND REMEMBER

Difficult times have helped me to understand better than before, how infinitely rich and beautiful life is in every way, and that so many things that one goes worrying about are of no importance whatsoever... ~Isak Dinesen

2 comments:

Grahamburger said...

You know, for Monday blues that was still pretty optomistic. :P I love your attitude about everything. *hugs*

Anonymous said...

As always, your strength and attitude amazes me. I've responded to your recent comments on my blog...perhaps they may bring you a little smile. Sending love and hugs your way....

Jules

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...