Friday, December 08, 2006

Friday brightness, blessings, and joy

Sometimes when we're scared, all we want to do is hide from the world. But when we do this, our fears just get bigger. Isolation doesn't nurture recovery. Stay connected to people in simple ways; go to the mall, make light conversation with someone in a coffee shop, take a class or attend a free lecture at a bookstore. Come out of your shel so the world can show you love and how much you deserve happines..

When you are alone you are all you own. ~ Leonardo DaVinci
Borrowed from Chicken Soup for the Recovering Soul; Daily Inspirations (A gift given to me by Shaun for my birthday this year. Thank you Shaun!)

~*~*~*~*~*~

Today is Friday. I still have the same eager excitement for this day that I used to have way back when I was in high School. Friday meant dates, friends, staying up late, no homework, etc. It still holds true now in some respects.

As much as I am hurt by recent events, I cannot let them keep me from expressing myself. Throughout the day I go through any number of emotions directed by the daily events that occur to or around me. This morning I am excited for the day, warmed by the sun, chilled by the weather, and looking forward to staying up late tonight. I hope that the day bears with it the marks of a good day for the rest of the day. Who knows, maybe tonght I'll go out to Borders and read a bit. Maybe I'll stay home and make some more Cards, or maybe I'll just re-discover as I do everyday the friendships that ARE consistent, permanent and soul nourishing. Maybe those will help me forget the friendship lost.

I have a story I want to write about, my even as my muse shows me inspiration in the form of ideas to write, she leaves me waiting for the rest of the inspiration in the form of sentences. Maybe tonight after a day of smiles and accomplishments she'll even visit me and I can write about the love I wish I had in my life, or the dreams I've had last night (that were good believe it or not).

Oh and as an update to my doctors visit yesterday, I've lost another 5 pounds (18 pounds since 9-18-06 in total YAY!), the incision is VERY tiny now, and I'm still fighting a small infection but it is small and will go away :) My next visit is for my first cancer testing (biopsy) and follow up with the doctor in January. This is VERY good news. :)

Most of you have already started your day. Perhaps you've been at work for a few hours already or tending to family and children since the wee hours of the morning, but right now I'm starting my day. I'm starting it with a smile and hope that the day heralds all the joy of life.

May the day be precious, bright and beautiful for all.

(Thanks AG for our conversation yesterday, I have missed talking with you so very much. *hug*)

~*~*~*~*~*~
DAILY INSPIRATIONS

I've been lucky in finding quite a few meaningful insights lately. They ring true for what I'm going through particularly. Because they are long, they are permanently housed on Digital Soup Online; the Blog. I hope you enjoy them and get as much use out of them as I do. :)

~*~*~*~*~*~
WELL WISHES

Today I wish that the sun shines brightly in all you do. I hope the smile that tugs at your face remains there a permanent fixture, a reminder even of the joy in your heart. Een in your darkest times, that joy is there just waiting to be re-dicovered.

You are a blessing to me everyday (truly you are)

Xo
Muse

~*~*~*~*~*~
AND REMEMBER

There is no failure except in no longer trying. ~Elbert Hubbard
(And so today, I try :)

1 comment:

Suzie Ridler said...

This is all terrific news, you're doing amazingly well!

I had my six-month test in November and so far, no phone call. I will keep my fingers crossed that all is well for me too.

Big hug to you Muse!

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...