Thursday, July 20, 2006

Anger, Fear & Insight into the Muse **LONG POST**

“For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

“Anger is never without a reason, but seldom with a good one” ~Benjamin Franklin

“When anger rises, think of the consequences” ~Confucius

"Death is not the biggest fear we have; our biggest fear is taking the risk to be alive -- the risk to be alive and express what we really are. ~Don Miguel Ruiz

‘When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest’. ~Henry David Thoreau

‘Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living, and your belief will help create the fact.’ ~Henry James

‘Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity. They seem to be more afraid of life than death’. ~James F. Bymes

‘Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around in awareness.’ ~James Thurber

‘I'm not afraid of storms, for I'm learning how to sail my ship.’ ~Louisa May Alcott

‘If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.’ ~Marcus Aurelius

‘And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our fear, our presence automatically liberates others’. ~Marianne Williamson

‘I have learned over the years that when one's mind is made up, this diminishes fear; knowing what must be done does away with fear.’ ~Rosa Parks

‘I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today’. ~William Allen White

**********

Today’s post is a short one. It’s comprised mainly of the things that I am feeling, but not willing to open totally to the public. Take a look at the quotes, you’ll know what I’m feeling.

I will tell you this, I live in a world of fear. I also live with anger (not violence mind you,… NEVER EVER violence). I know many of you do not know this about me, but a few do. I’m a very angry person. I have anger from my childhood, from all the years of my life, from things that happen daily; things as simple as me being a klutz. Hell I’m angry that I AM angry. And I’m afraid a lot more than I ever was. Afraid of meeting new people, afraid of not being good enough. Afraid that I lack intelligence other than Love, light and happiness. Afraid that really what I am deep down at the base of my existence while light and sharing, is nothing but a person who lives in fear.

Today I am staring through the looking glass at these two emotions, anger and fear and what I see is my reflection. I see my soul naked, I see my weaknesses, my vulnerabilities, my temper. I have no idea what to do with this, but I look. So today’s’ post is one again, of awareness. The quotes are ones I’ll save for myself, but though you might enjoy too. And now so that I do not put you all into a coma, here is a quiz I found on blog dog’s site and thought would be nice for you to see about me.

**********

101 things about me

  1. My real name is Sue

  2. Utopia Skye was the name of a property of mine in the online game The Sims Online. It just stuck

  3. I am almost 35

  4. I hate my job

  5. I have no health insurance

  6. I’m Overweight

  7. I LOVE to be crafty

  8. I haven’t crafted since I was married

  9. I’ve owned an online business that had moderate success albeit short lived

  10. I’m addicted to the anonymity of online gaming. As much as I’m real and honest I prefer that environment to the normal world.

  11. I believe that I have a gift to share with people. I do not know clearly what it is, but I try anyway to share it

  12. I love a woman I never met, and pray to her even though she has passed on, just like I pray to my other family members when I think of them.

  13. I hate liver

  14. I actually like brussel sprouts

  15. I’ve been to Europe and enjoyed England tremendously

  16. I want to go to the Isle of Skye once in my life

  17. I have a few (like 2) stuffed animals

  18. I was a major tom boy growing up

  19. I threw a muscular man into a rose bush complete with thorns for pissing me off one day.

  20. I knew about sex before I understood what it really was

  21. I was adopted

  22. My foster parents were horrible people

  23. The DCFS wasn’t much better (Children and family services organization)

  24. One of my earliest memories is of me at a very young age eating the bottom of a sugar cone and watching the ice cream drip from it onto the ground with curiosity.

  25. I received a beating for that and haven’t eaten a sugar cone since then…ever

  26. I wrote when I was little, silly children’s stories mainly.

  27. I stopped laughing a lot when my best friend “A” told me I laugh too much (when I was 12 or so)

  28. I loved to sing while I cleaned

  29. Because I sang well I was chosen out of all the classes in my grade school to perform at all weddings, and funerals.

  30. I loved to sing at the weddings

  31. In sixth grade on a homework assignment I was to write a short story. I did, writing “The Mystery of the Stolen Horse” (I used to love Nancy Drew stories). My teacher made fun of me in front of the whole class and accused me of plagiarism, calling my mother at work even to verify it was real. Then she made me stand for the rest of day as some form of punishment for something I didn’t do

  32. I stopped writing after that and didn’t write again until my sisters death in 1990 some 7 years later. Even then I wrote a total of seven poems then and didn’t write anything else until 2002 when I went online in TSO

  33. I would in grade school hear someone talking of how sad they were, regardless of whether they liked me or not, and I would tell them something nice, or inspirational. I loved to do that

  34. Several people to this day thank me for that, citing that it was a pivotal moment for them.

  35. I love Dogs

  36. I have no problems with cats but see number 35

  37. I owned a fish once named Akira. She was damn cool

  38. My nickname in high school was Angel

  39. I was hospitalized for one month when I was 16.

  40. I used to sneak out of my bedroom window at night using the neighbors picnic bench to allow me back in.

  41. I never did drugs as a teenager (tried pot once)

  42. I hung out with a bad crowd but earned their respect by being smarter than them and they always protected me.

  43. I cussed out a police officer and spent a night in a holding cell once

  44. My best friend and I when we were very young kissed and that (I think) ruined our friendship

  45. Kissing her didn’t feel bad, I rather liked it.

  46. I still like men much better ;)

  47. I didn’t realize when I started this list it would be so hard to find 101 things to share with you all :P

  48. I cannot explain my religious beliefs to anyone who doesn’t believe in them either. I lack the ability to debate about it.

  49. I read all manner of cards

  50. I can’t dance…at all

  51. I’m very boring, Just ask Mr. S who’s been coming over a lot lately ;)

  52. I’ve survived some serious things in my life.

  53. In 4th grade someone told me, that when I told them I thought I did a good job making people feel happy, that I shouldn’t be conceited. I have a very hard time allowing myself the luxury of a self compliment since then.

  54. I don’t like beer anymore

  55. I used to drink a lot of it

  56. I got drunk on peach schnapps and beer once and got sick in my boyfriends Suburban

  57. Another time I got so drunk I stubbed my toe and the nail fell off (eww gross)

  58. The person I was hanging out with at the time, was someone I ignored a lot. But HE liked me and I wonder if I should have been nicer.

  59. Another time I got so drunk I couldn’t walk

  60. Maybe I shouldn’t list all my drunk exploits :P though they are funny

  61. I have never been an alcoholic (I got lucky)

  62. I smoked pot in my mid twenties and for a year I did it quite often.

  63. I gained a LOT of weight in that year

  64. I no longer smoke pot or cigarettes.

  65. I have a heart condition

  66. I’ve had the equivalent of a few strokes in my life.

  67. I’m very emotional

  68. I love the scent of pine, like Christmas tree pine

  69. I haven’t decorated for Christmas in about 7 years and that makes me sad

  70. I’m about to throw out all my Christmas things and start over with my own

  71. I intend to decorate for Christmas this year and throw a FORMAL dinner party

  72. I don’t mind inviting a lot of people. If you want to come just let me know ;)

  73. I sang for a dinner party I threw once and people loved it

  74. My goodness, 25 more tings to write and I have no clue what to say :P

  75. I want to work from home or close to home and am looking for a job… anyone want to hire me?

  76. I love my friends

  77. I’m bad at keeping in touch with people (sorry Truenigma…)

  78. I want someone to take me away on a vacation.

  79. I want to have financial security, either on my own or through my partner. No I’m not a money monger, but I do want security

  80. I want to own a piece of land and invite friends to build their houses on it, and make a real life Utopia Skye.

  81. I want to publish a book that is a surprise best seller and be rich so I can do what I want to do

  82. I want to go to a very far away monastery and be “cleansed” by the isolation

  83. I don’t want to work today

  84. I camp my own forums daily

  85. I camp my blog and blog dog’s and a few others :P

  86. I love to read what other people write.

  87. I try to download books from lulu.com in support of their publishing community since I've published two books there

  88. I love sex

  89. I don’t have sex

  90. I do want to be married again someday

  91. I do not think I want children though I’m not closed to the option (I am however 34, almost 35)

  92. I want a puppy so bad again

  93. I have no control over my anger and am paranoid that my neighbors have heard my turrets like outbursts and think I’m a psycho :P

  94. I’m so afraid of being hurt again that I do not want to go out because I’m afraid everyone is looking at me.

  95. I’m angry at one person all the time, even sublimely because they didn’t make a choice.

  96. But I love this person too so I swallow that anger

  97. I want to have my hair look like Kate Winslets did in “Titanic”

  98. I called my sister a bitch as she lay in her hospital bed just after her (what was fatal) car accident because I didn’t know she was dying, as she always garnered more of my mothers attention because she was so needy.

  99. I still feel guilty over that

  100. I hope that I bring people happiness. I truly think that is what I’m about. So even just one person. I welcome you to tell me. You don’t have to, but I hope I make you happy nonetheless. Because even if I’m not happy I always have light for you.
  101. I hope that Jessie was right when she said that the angels told her I have a special gift to give to people. I have felt it all my life and I hope she was right... because I'd hate to think my life and efforts to offer people love and acceptance were for nothing. She said I had to get a "special kind of mad" to tap into this gift. I get mad when peope are hurt. I hope she was right...


Thank you for reading this. Since this is so long today, I’ll just end here with one wish for you all… that you have a wonderful day. XO

Muse

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for baring a part of your soul and giving us all a glimpse at the inner you. Amazingly enough, I've know you for what, 9 or 10 years now, and I read many things that I didn't know about you. It just made me love you that much more. I pray every day that you overcome your anger & fear and find that new beginning you deserve so much.

Anonymous said...

*Holds up another mirror* Because the one you are looking at is a bit distorted, and not showing you everything.

You are also very courageous. The fact that you can do this is just an indication.

You do make a lot of people happy. Had you not touched their lives, they would have been miserable and not known why.

Finally, though you have a hard time believing it, you are beautiful. You have a beauty that shines from you inner spirit to your outer skin.

Make sure you keep all mirrors handy...

The Muse said...

Mr.s B in AZ: I was almost certain there would be things there that people didn't know about me. I tried really hard to be as painfully honest about things as possible. Believe it or not I did censor myself a bit because I have a tendency to share too much ;) But thank you for being my supporter. You always make me feel wonderful. xo

Omega: Sometimes the hardest thing to do is see the forest through the trees or in this case the refelction of the ghost of who I really am. As sad as this posting may sound, it's not. It was written in an unashamed tone and is solely about recognition of life. There is always some sadness over pain but that is life too. Thank you for offering me a different glimpse through *your* mirror today :)

Anonymous said...

I think I've been working on my 101 list for about a month now...maybe this will encourage me.

As for the anger...I see that you do a good job of combatting it (or at least disguising it) with all the light and happiness you try to spread to others. As strange as this may sound, at least it shows you are a passionate person.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing that. I learned a lot about the Muse that I didn't know and I consider myself a Musexpert. You know I read your blog everyday (most of the time you're on the phone with me saying "read it now!" :P) But even if you weren't, I would still read it because I love the insight to the person who writes it. I miss you on weekends when you don't write.

I believe the intensity of the anger you feel in certain situations is a direct reflection of the scope of love and light that you can project. Although I know your anger well and I know you hate it, I feel that without it, you would not be able to give the love and the light in the depth that you do. If you were unable to feel the scope of the anger you do, then you would not send out the amount of light you do in other situations. And no one wants that. :) to quote...someone.."The more I love, the more I can love because both are infinite."


Mr. Uber

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...