Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Love, Light & Peace to you all... (A trip down memory lane)

How my thoughts stray to you
In treasured moments of the heart
It seems with every beat
A vision of love appears
Each face so sweetly graces my heart
Each memory my breathe, my life
Catching me unaware
Nurturing a quiet smile…I remember
To think it started
With three little words
Love, Light, Peace
Now translated into
I Love You
Sleep descends upon my slowly like the lovers embrace holds me
Warm thoughts of love infuse my dreams with sun
And with quiet strength I pass my love onto you…

Goodnight my friends may your tomorrow shine brightly with promise in your day like your presence in my life shines brightly on my heart...

~Muse
©SKW 1-16-2004

*****
A long time ago in a land far far away :P  (haha)  Seriously though, people who’ve known me since I first entered the online world remember these nightly messages.  In yahoo instant messenger I would send to a list of over 200 people, goodnight messages.  Each night was a newly composed poem.  They may not have been the best, but they were from my heart fresh every night.  It was my way of saying to my friends en masse, how much they mattered to me.  So much so that like the nightly prayers a child does, I waxed poetic nightly just as fervently as those prayers hoping that my words and intentions would bring people some peace.

So what happened?

Well someone hurt my feelings…  They called my messages spam.  They wanted personalized attention and I suppose I can’t fault them for that.  But these messages were never spam.  And having them called that hurt my feelings enough that they just… stopped.

These messages to me represent some of my finest poetry.  They will be included in the poetry book I’m doing (currently) that will include some of the works of friends of mine as well.  I posted about this on the Utopia Skye forums, but I open it to you my blog readers as well.  If you have a poem, light, dark, happy or sad… or a song, or a haiku or some form of expression you want published that you can call your own, get in touch with me.  I’ll happily put your words out there in a book with YOUR copyright presented in a fashion that your friends and family can enjoy or that simply YOU can enjoy.   I’ll even front the cost of doing this.  Why?  Because I can, and because I think people will enjoy it.  That’s why I do anything…

I never mind sharing happiness, or adding people to my dreams and including their works too.  Either way, this poetry book will be re-published.  I just think it would be better served by having a bigger variety of styles.  

*****

Well I’ll keep adding things to Digital Soup Online; the Blog.  But I’m beginning to lose faith in the endeavor.  The internet world is fickle I know… so I will keep it, but we’ll see how it is re-shaped.  

*****

When I first started in the online world, I was playing a game called The Sims Online.  I played the game for a while never going to forums (hell I didn’t even know what forums were!) or interacting with writing.  At this point in my life I didn’t even open up to my writing.  I had turned that off a long time ago.

Then someone directed me to the forums for the game and a section called SIMply fans.  Aside from all the negative bickering on the boards about content and all sorts of other game related things, this section was a beacon of light to me.  Here people were happy.  They posted stories, jokes, shared hugs and even role played (though I had no idea that’s what it was).  I had NO IDEA the game could be enhance by this…

When I began posting every single post was closed with the phrase: Love, light and peace to you all.  That is how people began to notice me.  Soon when I became a frequent poster, I started a thread called the Love, Light and Poetry thread.  And in there people contributed their poetry in an amazing outpouring of creativity.  There were some good ones, some bad ones, and some FANTASTIC ones.  To this day I still get people that know me only by the name Selene (my first game name) and/or by the fact of the “LLP” thread.  

I believe you have to have light in you to give it.  I believe it has to be natural light, not manufactured but I also believe that sometimes it lies dormant or hidden.  Mine was hidden for a LONG time.  This story is in effect, the story of the birth of MY muse.  Through a world of anonymity, digital indifference, and infinite casualty somehow I opened up and my soul was set free.  It is a tradition I try to adhere to everyday.  

I love being open for people.  It hurts sometimes, but I love it.  Thank you to all those I met early on who unknowingly opened me up.  To those who grew with me and those who join me now in sharing (in game, here or in email).  

I am grateful for all of it today…

*****

WELL WISHES and BLESSINGS

Today’s blessing is an Old Irish one.  For EVERYONE I know, those I don’t and those I will soon know.  This is for you:

May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours!

*****

AND REMEMBER:
Rhythm is the soul of life.The whole universe revolves in rhythm.Everything and every human action revolves in rhythm.
master of drums - babatunde olatunji - 1927-2003

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Muse - I'm so glad you post like you do. So many blogs tend to be on the negative side or written by "tortured talent" (not that there is anything wrong with that in the LEAST - it has it's place and blogging is a good form of therapy. Plus, we all have our moments...) but I can only handle so much darkness and saddness until it envelops me. I'm so glad I came upon you. We should all thank Chris for getting us together, because I think that's how we connected initially (at least you, me and Blog Dog)

Hugs to you!

Anonymous said...

Mine too...phew...thought something bad had happened! Hope you're well!

hugs to you

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...