Friday, July 14, 2006

I'm baaaaaaack

Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit.
Kahlil Gibran, (1883 - 1931) "The Vision"
*****
I have a place that I go. It's called My Sanctuary. Bear with me because I've never fully explained it. It's an ever changing landscape that suits my tastes at the time I need it. On Wednesday while I was overcome with boredom at work, as I watched the owner of a partner company throw a paperplane through the air... that same paper plane made it into the forest of my sanctuary as I moved my thoughts back there.

The sanctuary at that time was a beautiful field of green with a river in the center. The breeze was delightfully cool against my skin and I sat there contented and at peace with evrything. In the distance the house that I sometimes find myself in waited for me, the twinkling lights of the windows beckoning. And almost, ALMOST I was inspired to write again.

In my sanctuary anything is possible and almost always probable. I've had this place for so long that just the mere mention of it elicits a scent of fresh green grass, wild jasmine, and fresh clean air. Someday, when I do not have a headache the size of Texas and when my muse returns to me whispering the things I should write about, I will write something of it. For now, snippets is all I can offer... Imagination is a wonderful tool and it requires exercise just like any other thing.

Today I'll be in my sanctuary a lot. When my headaches continues to pound at my head incessantly causing me discomfort, I will retreat to the garden in my sanctuary. A place of exotic flowers in all shades, no bees, and plenty of lemonade. If it gets really bad I may walk through the deep green forest and head for the shoreline where the sand is a marvelous creamy color and the water is sapphire blue. I might take a sleep in the sun where I wont be burned if I'm out for more than 5 minutes and I might even get to hear the sounds of life as it happens around me if I listen.

I think that's definitely where I'll be today ;)

*****
On a side note, thank you for all the well wishes (and emails) asking how I've been. I'm better, just have a nasty headache today. I slept decently last night which can only help things so today I am on the right track. It helps too that today is Friday and a payday (though I have no money to do anything fun lol at least until the bills clear I'll HAVE money in the bank).

Have a wonderful day everyone, may you find your sanctuary or if you know of it already, may you find it to be what you need today :)

XO

*****
DAILY INSPIRATION
Weave Kindness Into Your Life With Intention
Adapted from The Force of Kindness, by Sharon Salzberg (Sounds True, 2005).

Simple Solution

As we wish love, peace, and happiness for ourselves and for others, we learn to include all beings and all aspects of life, including ourselves, in our hearts. It is easy to believe that we are not capable of this, but as we untangle our condition, we see the immensity and abundance within us, ready for awakening.

Here are seven ways to weave kindness into your life through intentions:
1. Start paying attention to the intentions underlying your actions. They may appear as clear thoughts in your mind, or more as urges, expectations, or yearnings.

2. Remember that you cannot control which intentions and urges will arise in your mind. Our responsibility is in whether we act them out or not.

3. When you have made a mistake or acted unskillfully, remember the importance of forging yourself so that you can gather your resolve and fully begin again.

4. If you have a strong generous intention come up in your mind--one that is also reasonable--then commit to following through with it. Even if the generous intention is at first replaced by fear, keep paying attention to your thoughts and feelings during and after the actual giving.

5. Commit for a period of time to practice greater restraint in speech. You might consider a resolve to not speak ill of someone or to not speak about a third party. If you have something to say about someone, try to say it directly to him or her instead.

6. Reflect as to whether there is an overriding dedication in your life. If so, is it manifesting in the smaller, discrete intentions impelling your actions? Resolve to bring more mindfulness to the connection between your larger goals and aspirations and your day-to-day choices.

7. Practice mindfulness meditation.

*****
WELL WISHES & BLESSINGS

Today, I wish for an active imagination for all of you. I hope that life blesses you with the ability to see with a child's eyes while your adult life has a grip on you. May it bring you a smile or a laugh or just plain peace. Have a BEAUTIFUL day.

*****
AND REMEMBER:

Dont's ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.

~Howard Thurman

2 comments:

A Virgo Writes said...

I hope you feel better. It seems like life is always handing out stuff! I guess we have to take the shine with the rain, right? I have really taken to heart that life is a choice, you can either make decisions and move forward through it or you can let it live you and stay where you are. That is personal for me and I am just sharing. I think you might know why. I live in my head sometimes too!

A Virgo Writes said...

by the way your movie makes your page hard to load.

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...