Monday, July 31, 2006

Love Letters; Home


Take the wave now and know that you're free
Turn your back the land, face the sea
Face the wind now, so wild and so strong
When you think of me, wave to me and send me song

Don't look back when you reach the new shore
Don't forget what you're leaving me for
Don't forget when you're missing me so
Love must never hold, never hold tight, but let go

Oh, the nights will be long when I'm not in your arms
But I'll be in this song that you sing to me
Across the sea, somehow, someday
You will be far away, so far from me
And maybe someday I will follow you in all you do
'Til then, send me a song

When the sun sets the water on fire
When the wind swells the sails of your hire
Let the call of the bird on the wind
Calm your sadness and lonliness
And then start to sing to meI will sing to you
If you promise to send me a song

I walk by the shore and I hear
Hear your song come so faint and so clear
And I catch it, a breath on the wind
And I smile and I sing you a song
I will send you a song
I will sing you a song
I will sing to you
If you promise to send me a song

Celtic Woman CD
"Send Me A Song"

Dunvegan Castle - The Isle of Skye; Scotland


**********

Love Letters; "Home"

My love,

I sit at my desk today, having arrived at the office just a few moments ago. I stare blankly at the desk filled with the pile of things to be done. I know I should begin but I cannot, as I am lost in thoughts of you.

I can hardly believe a love like yours exists even as I’ve written countless times of its presence. The images of you that I have pass in front of my eyes adding another petal to the layered rose that has become us. In the center we stand or sleep forever in each other’s arms while each petal serves as our definition as well as our protection.

So moved am I by thoughts of you, distracted even, that I can hardly write.
You beckon to my heart on sun kissed breezes. Your whispers speak to me in a language I never knew, and my heart perpetually races in your presence. The scales of life that blind me so, fall away when we’re together and I’m left only with you. This vision carried along the satin petals of the garden we tend holds the truth of our hearts captive in it. Elusive truth no longer hidden from our eyes.

Today, with your image in my mind, your whispers beckoning to my ear, and your love firmly rooted in my heart… I started to build our house of love in my mind. Many houses have stood and weathered the storm of time, the passage of love. But the house in which we reside love is special. It can only be made with walls of joy, windows of truth, roof of love. The most exquisite gardens grow enriched by the boundless love that dances around everything near it. Our special rose garden with perfected roses awaits our tending love and I swear when I cup each rose in my hand to inhale their scent, I can almost see us in the center. We are the center, where it all begins, where beauty starts, where poetry lives. In that center we exist only for each other. In that center is our root, the core of our being, based in love.

I realize as I look at this desk, that life will go on, business will be tended to, money will be made love, but when I am without you I am asleep…. Because my life is you and without you I am incomplete. This thought moves me into silence where I realize its intensity. Knowing this, we continue to build our house together. And this is where I reside watching myself mindlessly work, while I rejoice in our love and build our home.

Always your muse

©SKW; Digital Soup Online

No comments:

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...