Monday, July 17, 2006

Monday Reflections

"Act as if it were impossible to fail." -Dorothea Brande
And quite often it will be.
______________

"Don't be discouraged by a failure. It can be a positive experience. Failure is, in a sense, the highway to success, inasmuch as every discovery of what is false leads us to seek earnestly after what is true, and every fresh experience points out some form of error which we shall afterwards carefully avoid." -John Keats

Sometimes, we get so caught up in traveling through our every day world that it takes a pothole or two to jar us awake and remind us that the road we need to take is the one leading to the fulfillment of our dreams. Failures are nothing more than little potholes in the road to success.
_______________

"We are told never to cross a bridge until we come to it, but this world is owned by men who have 'crossed bridges' in their imagination far ahead of the crowd." -Author Unknown

While we certainly shouldn’t let worry move us forward, we do benefit when we mentally cross the bridge to a better tomorrow at least once each day. It is, after all, these daily thought-formed crossings that build the bridge to a new reality.

Kate Nowak – Heartfelt Blessings

*****

Today’s quotes all come from one spot. Kate Nowak. It’s interesting that two of the last three days quotes have been about failure. I have a very hard time with this as I feel that if I have failed in some way I do not know how to go on with the confidence that I’ve learned my lesson. Sometimes a failure can depress me just as much as any sadness can.

Some of the areas I fail in:


1. Communication with friends outside my circle of safety.

I’m horrible with this. I do not know what it is about me that feel intense pressure to communicate with everyone. I feel sometimes as if I have so many people to talk to that my whole day will be full of talking to people and not full of whatever it is I may want to do. The time I’m at work is my downtime; it’s like when I plug into auto pilot and go to sleep. But when I’m home I have about 5 hours (if I push it) to get everything done that I want to get done. This includes whatever gaming goals I have, talking with people on the phone, emails, normal routinely chores etc. I have a few close friends that I know for a fact would like to see me or at least hear from me more. In this respect I fail. I will work on this. It’s just that my priorities right now are a bit skewed.


2. Doing the things I need to do for myself.

I absolutely lack the willpower to do the things I need to do for myself. It’s much easier to spend time doing what I shouldn’t be doing than even taking 5 minutes to do what I NEED to do. Most people won’t understand this I don’t think. Or if they do it’s “well yea on occasion I slack off too”. It’s not like that for me. It’s a matter of daily slacking off. There are things I NEED to do in my life. Things that can only help/benefit me in so many ways and I just can’t get the willpower to do them. I have no idea why. (Honestly, I don’t)

Off the top of my head (and condensed so I don’t bore you all) those are two of my failings. I continue to try to do what I need to do. I wont give up, I just get a bit disheartened when I try and fail… again. Some would argue that I’m not ready for whatever it is I need to do… that I haven’t hit that point where it becomes a part of my daily routine for whatever reason. I would agree with them, but I know that also, sometimes I need to be more disciplined. This has nothing to do with my marriage per se, but in a sense… I was disciplined. I did the responsible thing for 10+ years (as far as job and taking care of what I was supposed to do). Now I feel like maybe the kid in me has taken over and said “NO, I don’t WANNA do that, so I wont”. Well I have to re-grow up again sometime I’m sure.

My point in this today is that I’m not sad today for my failings. Today while I recognize them and hope to continue to change for myself so I feel less anxiety and guilt over perceived hurt, I won’t allow this to bring me down to where I can’t recognize the need to keep going and trying. Each day is a journey in self awareness for me. Sometimes just being aware is half the battle.

Thank you for being here to witness this with me. Here’s to hoping failings today (and tomorrow) can turn to accomplishments and satisfaction.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
XO

*****
DAILY INSPIRATION

May You be Blessed today. (Please watch )

*****
WELL WISHES

May you be able to look at the things in your life today and realize that maybe something else needed to be done to correct it, and have the strength to go back and fix it. Knowing where we fail and why and learning is part of the experience of who we are (I believe). If you have no failures today or ones that you wish to reflect on, may you be able to support those that have and help nurture them to accomplishments.

Additionally, no matter where you are or what you’re doing, when you’re reading this know that the very second your eyes hit this section, that I am sending you a digital hug. Just because…

*****
AND REMEMBER:

Change in all things is sweet.
~Aristotle


1 comment:

Unknown said...

One of my personal favorites: "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
-Thomas Edison

Anyway, I really do believe that awareness IS half of the battle. Maybe even the most important half.
Thanks for the inspiration today.

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...