Tuesday, July 18, 2006

These are a few of my favorite things...

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things
Cream colored ponies and crisp apple strudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favorite things
Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favorite things
When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad

**********

These are a few of my favorite things dedicated to Mrs. Virgo who has something coming up that will need some strength...

Calla Lillies

One of her favorite flowers and if I remember right she carried a bouquet of them at her wedding


Coffee Time

Nothing quite like coffee or tea with good friends and ambiance

Relaxation

A sweet nap in the afternoon, the sun on your face, chatting with a friend during lazy days...

Wine

The swirl of the liquid in the glass, the taste on your tongue, the sharing of both good and bad wines *grin*.

The Spa

Even if sometimes just in our mind. The aromatherapy, the oils, the candles, the scents of peacefulness, the light of a dimly lit room, and the transformation of normal space into the magical.

HUGS

The love of a friend, shared in a simple hug. That which is given freely and knowing that friend will hug you and be there with you all the rest of your life.

**********

These are a few of my favorite things shared with you. In my mind as I began this post today, I thought of so many different ways to write about what you're about to go through. And then I thought about it, and thought of the song that helps take fears and ails away by remembering your favorite things. One of my favorite things, is you. Among all my friends whom I cherish, today you are my favorite.

I'll send you love and strength for what you'll be going through. I'll ask anyone else that reads this not knowing what's going on, to send love and strength to you too (Feel free to give well wishes in comments too). And when all is said and done, I will have lots of hugs for you.

**********

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” ~Lao Tzu

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sending prayers and strength out to Mrs. Virgo today. I hope the love and support of your friends helps to see you through.

So nigh is grandeur to our dust,
So near to God is man
When duty whispers low, ‘Thou must’,
The youth replies, ‘I can’.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Anonymous said...

I hope everything goes well and I wish you a speedy recovery from whatever is happening to you.


Mr. Uber

Anonymous said...

My best thoughts and wishes I send to Mrs. Virgo. I love calla lillies, tea time, spa time and hugs. I think if you try really hard, you can combine all of your favorites in one experience...not necessarily at the same exact moment, but definitely consecutively within a one hour time slot.

Muse, I love the Lao Tzu quote...I may borrow it. Thanks for the happy sigh

Lisa said...

My happiest, strongest, peacefulest thoughts to Mrs. Virgo. (Is peacefulest a word!?!?) She will be in my prayers.
I loved this post. Your writing always makes me feel calm and still. Thank you.

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...