Tuesday, July 04, 2006

The illusion of Love





The illusion of love
Far away, so close
Dances in front of me
As the butterfly in joy
Smoky mysticism
Swirling about
Tempting, sensuous
Scary
Surface shines
Moonlight reflecting
Depths of my eyes deep in the soul
The single rose
Heart red
Floats on the surface
Of the black mirror
Which reflects the images
Of two
Of love
Th ultimate illusion…
©SKW 2004

Revised:

The illusion of love skates upon the mirror of my heart
Tempting sweetly whispering
The mask I hold tight only occasionally slips
In between moments of dreams
Hold it firm, don't let it fail
The truth so hard to bear helps hold the mask in place
But it's chipped, right near my eyes
It's worn thin where reality constantly pounds on it
Still smiling, in love feeling... warmth
But dropped, the mask shatters just like I knew it would
leaving me empty
the mirror of my heart in itself the illusion
Reflected, darkness refracted, broken angles
The illusion of love
The ridiculous & empty show;
The farce I held dear
I should go...
But instead with loving care
I tape together the pieces of my mask
So like the phantom I too can live in my illusion
The image is prettier there...
©SKW 2006

1 comment:

The Muse said...

Thanks blog dog, I still think however, that the poem doesn't clearly define how I feel everytime I think of it. I'll keep revising :)

Thanks though, Hope you had a great holiday!

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...