Monday, July 24, 2006

Poetry for a Monday

"I find the great thing in this world is not so much where we stand as in what direction we are moving." ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

**********

Direction, I lack it; even today… So what I’m posting (for now) is some poetry that is published in my first book Free Form: Poetry from the Heart. It will soon be pulled off the lulu.com shelves and re-done. The original version of Free Form will no longer exist. This morning I find myself lost in words as my direction is unknown. Words of comfort perhaps, words of familiarity, words of the heart. Enjoy!

XO
Muse

From 2005:

Falling Leaves
Oct 24

“See that’s why you’re different than other girls”
The memory struggles loose from my tree of dreams
Brightly colored crimson and gold, falling slowly, twisting
It’s bearing in the past
Such a different person then, I think…
My reflection sits unbroken against the onyx lake not so long ago
This moment carrying the weight of importance
A portent of some knowledge, I am unaware
And yet as the leaf falls slowly, my memory is suspended
Immersed in the pool of the past, distinctly clear
Yet precisely fogged, gently glazed, quietly serene
The mist of the river seen only in this past moment
Rises like smoke plumes of smoldering flames recently extinguished
The voice far away, directly at my ear beckons
“That’s why you’re different…”
Echoing against the tomb of my mind
Memory stirred but not shaken
As the leaf lands, its journey done
…so to, I go back about my day.


Sleepers...
May 11

Unfold before me, the wings of truth
Blanket me in the shroud my heart won’t believe
Climb like the ivy up the wall of my mind
Set my spirit free…

Should that fail?

My weakness revealed
Will glint off the fallen mirror shard
Broken by my deceit
My eyes will remain blind

What must be set free to reclaim breath?

Until then sucking oxygen away like a vacuum
I steal life from my heart
Siphon precious molecules of sunlight
From the beacon of my soul

So darkness numbing can reign supreme until I try to wake again…


Sun Kissed Dreams
Jan 10

I had a dream of crystal blue waters
Cool to the touch
Warm grains of sand running through my fingers
Warmth of love and joy
Shared with you

Under the umbrella we sit
Time knowing no home in our sharing
In our realm of peace
The place we call home in our hearts

Known already by us

Glasses clink merrily against the backdrop of trees
And laughter is heard
The private joke
Twinkling in our eyes

Together we sit

The setting sun washing the sky in colors so vivid
We are moved in quiet repose
Thankful for energy of each other
Silently wishing on that very sunset

That this moment will never end

The stars twinkle brightly against the dark sky
In hushed tones we share secrets
Share private space
And complete our day by ending it the way we began

Together in love


From 2004

Snow Angels
Dec 20, 2004

I once danced upon icicles
Dancing because it was cold
Catching snowflakes was my full time job
Perfect snow angels my aspiration
When snow was whiter than the white of satin
I would dream in hues of blue
Sliding along the minds tunnels
Into passages of growth unknown to me
Awakening my tired heart in my youth
To find angst a companion
Where I gathered, did my perfected snow go?
Dancing now upon responsibility, the two step of life
Anticipation and expectation coupled with loss
Accomplished existence the aspiration
Arrogant in its compressed hope

But…
Today snowflakes fell, it must have been my tired mind
But the eyes that gazed upon them
Saw the white satin and knew it was time
Throwing my bags down around my aching feet
I fell upon the velvet white grass
And made a snow angel

...It was perfect


Fool...
Dec 15, 2004

It seeps in unannounced, uninvited
Skulking around empathy
Professed concern offering hope
Friendship might be on the horizon
Rearing its head balancing on shaking rattlers
The snake fully exposed hisses
The air pungent with its foul stench
Betrayal the defined word of the moment
Not once…. Even in the 10 years of co-existence
But oh so many times did the snake of your heart lash out
You, the cherub of innocence
Herald of all that is simplistic...peaceful
How well do you think others would manage the truth?
Knowing your demon
Depositing the poison inside the one person who cared
The one who worked, toiled, offered…
You needed only one thing to be the king
Honesty…


Now you’re just a liar
And I am the fool

Selene...
Dec 12, 2004

Selene champion your moon
quiet your brother Helius... his time is gone
visionary dreams speed your chariot to me
the story of love captivating
carried on silvery beams
full moon maiden symbolizing sweet devotion
begging for forever taste of true love
falling from your lips in his name ... Endymion
the essence of true love sewn through the fabric of ages
songs mimic your pleas
words offer no apology only purity
shower moon dust kisses upon my soul
that Endymion would I be, to experience
love's utter perfection
moonlight rays infuse me with moon dreams
translating to hope
that I too might be blessed by moon goddess
in chariot dreams
to find my true love
as sweet wine tasted offers his name
to my parched heart
begging for permanence in unity


**********
AND REMEMBER


You are loved today. ~Muse

3 comments:

Kelli said...

I love your first quote.
And thanks for the reminder that we're loved. I needed that.

The Muse said...

I am more than happy to tell you everyday that you are loved *hug*. Thanks for stopping by Kelli :) I'm always happy to see you.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful poems Muse. Have a wonderful day! Sometimes it's ok to just float on with no direction...let the wind take you where it will.

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...