Saturday, July 29, 2006

My Champions

Each of us has people that we look up to. People that have helped us, inspired us, guided us. My blog in every way is a celebration of people that surround me. It's a celebration of hearts and love and friendship. I work very hard to not single any "one" person out necessarily because I believe we ALL have things that are wonderful, unique and beautiful. But sometimes in life people no matter how well you know them, continue to amaze you and continue to be your champion even if they don't know they're doing it.

This entry today is for "My Champions" who this past week/weekend provided me support, love, assistance, guidance, and peace.



Mrs. Virgo: One of my earliest champions who is never without an ear, a smile, a hug, or a home to go to. I've had to in the last two years alone come to rely on the strength that is inherent to her soul. Someone once said that "You're never out of the circle of each other's lives when you're family" and I believe this to be true. Last year in April you came through for me in a big way, this year in July you are again doing the same thing. You are truly a beautiful soul and no matter where life takes you, or me, I am enriched for having you with me on this journey.

Shaun: I met you a few years ago, but it seems like we've known each other a lifetime. I swell with love whenever I think of you and want nothing but the absolute best for you in all things you do. You are such a ray of sunshine in my days and even if we're doing nothing but goofing off you too provide me with the good kind of soul food that only a true friend can provide. I look forward to many long years at your side. Thank you for listening to me this weekend... It was much needed.

Omega: Sitting with me on the phone until I could get into a better place was the best thing that could possibly have been done. Having the ability to put aside what you're going through to take care of someone else especially someone you've never met is a trait you do not see often. Thank you for allowing me to see it this weekend.

Shaun's Barbara: Our conversation this past weekend was not unlike the conversations I've had with Mrs. Virgo and Mrs. B in AZ. These conversations come easily and are full of laughs, seriousness, joy, discovery, and sharing. Knowing that you are out there, that you love me, and that I love you too makes anything possible. Your acceptance of me into your life and your sons has meant more to me than I can tell you :) Thank you for always listening and sharing openly with me.

Aussie_Male: You are always someone who understands me without a single word spoken. It's amazing how this can happen for someone i've never met. Knowing I'll hear your voice and your genuine concern for me and my well being makes a lot of things bearable that may not otherwise be so. This weekend too seeing you're messages: "are you ok?" or just being around you made a difference in so many ways. Thank you for these things... I would be sad without them.

Mr. Uber: Being able to listen to someone who is upset, and being able to understand and truly sympathize are valuable qualities born not just of a good soul, but also in a good friend... This weekend having you understand what was going on, care about me, and truly be there for me when I needed it was a beautiful thing. Thank you for doing this all weekend as well as the many times you have done so before.

Mr. S: Sometimes the smallest amount of words are all that are needed to convey comfort. You are a new friend to my life but you seem to move about with ease, navigating my worries and concerns like an old pro. Knowing I can have no fear in front of you is wonderful. Thank you for this....

Abnir: For listening with compassion, understanding without making me explain, for just "being" around when I needed it, thank you :)

Muse Mom: Always the triumphant bringer of peace you have this weekend supported and helped me as you ALWAYS have. Having you with me, around me and helping me, as well as pray for and with me was exactly what I needed. Then conversing with me and listening while time ticked on was wonderful. Sometimes as much as we love someone we forget what it's like in our hustle and bustle of the day to just "talk WITH" someone. I'm grateful for this talking, supporting and love you gave me. Thank you so very much, I am certain it is a good part of the reason i could get better and I know that I'd be lost without you.

I talked to so many people this weekend. I've read some well wishes email and comments in this blog too. I'm certain I'm missing people either directly or indirectly who offered words of wisdom, support or just sympathy. Do not think that not getting mentioned here means you're forgotten. My heart knows it all. It remembers even as my mind doesn't sometimes. You are all loved and everyday I'm grateful for your emergence into my life.

Love to you...

XO

~Muse

No comments:

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...