Thursday, July 27, 2006

Wednesday and Thursday post

Sorry no post yesterday :( and almost none today. It seems that the health gods do not look too kindly on me this week. I've been battling some illness again.

The good news is I will get better :) The bad news is that I may not feel like posting when ill. I try very hard to let very little negativity hit this blog. It's my place to be honest, yes, but I do not want to wallow in pity or darkness unless it needs to be expressed to set me free. So that's why no post yesterday :)

Today is a little different in that I came across this wonderful quote that I had put aside specifically to share with you all.

Again you know I'm hardly religious in this blog, I prefer to be "spiritual". But this just seemed appropo today and I thought you'd enjoy it.

Much love to you all and thank you for those who've shown great patience while they wait for me to get better to continue plans that were made...

Have a beautiful day!

xo

**********
Thursday, July 27, 2006 – Conscious Contact

"The practice of meditation takes us on a fabulous journey into the gap between our thoughts, where all the advantages of a peaceful, stress-free, healthier, fatigue-free life are available, but are simply side benefits. The paramount reason for doing this soul-nourishing meditation practice is to get in the gap between our thoughts and make conscious contact with the creative energy of life itself." ~Dr Wayne Dyer Quote is taken from page 8 of: Getting in the Gap: Making Conscious Contact with God

Today's Affirmation
I am connected to the Source of life, every moment of everyday.

Today's Meditation
Dear Creator,
I feel Your presence in my life in simple and profound ways. I do not know what the rest of today holds, let alone the rest of my life. I do know that right now, in this moment, I am connected to You. As I relax into the consciousness of being with You, I am filled with peace and joy. You are available to me and I am available to You. Life is good and I am content to let it be.
Amen

**********
AND REMEMBER

"Fear less, cherish more; eat less, chew more; whine less, breathemore; talk less, listen more; hate less, love more; and all goodthings are yours."-Old Swedish Proverb

When we feel good about any person, place or circumstance in ourlives, appreciate it and are grateful for it, we are, in essence,telling the Universe we want more of the same. It's as if we've looked at life's menu and told the waitstaff, "Oh,I really like this. I'll have more, please."And every time we give attention to something by being crtical ofit, by being angry, resentful, fearful or envious, we're alsochoosing from life's menu. In essence, we're saying, "Oh, I reallydon't like this at all, but I never get what I really want anyway,so go ahead, bring it on."

Designing a triumphantly abundant life calls for paying moreattention to what we do want and less attention to what we don't.It really is that simple. Because the way life is designed -- moreor less -- gives us control of our destiny through every more orless choice we make.

Until tomorrow...Know that you are loved beyond measure and a cherished blessing tome.

May your day be filled with all things good,
Kate Nowak http://www.mayyoubeblessedmovie.com/

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry that you're not feeling well. Sending you prayers for a speedy recovery. I am glad you felt up to posting today. I've missed my daily fix of "muse"!

Lisa said...

I hope you get better soon! As usual, I love the quote!

Anonymous said...

your presences is missed.

Anonymous said...

Feel better...but this is more of a post than most people do. Don't be hard on yourself! Have a good weekend and rest up!

xo
Jules

Anonymous said...

i hope you get well soon

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...