Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Epiphany and thanks...

Prayer for fitness motivation
Beloved Creator,
Please help me to be motivated to take good care of my body.  I ask your help in carrying through in my commitment to exercise, eat healthfully and get sufficient rest.  Please help me have faith in my ability to attain and maintain physical fitness.  Please guide me to know the best ways to take care of myself.  If my motivation slackens or i am tempted to procrastinate, please help me reaffirm my resolve.  Thank you and amen.

"The real voyage of discovery consists of not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes."~Marcel Proust

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world the master calls a butterfly." ~Richard Bach, American Author

No matter what might be happening in your life right now, take a deep breath, relax and let your thoughts be still. Just as darkness gives way to dawn, so does despair create a new beginning.  Never allow yourself to forget that it is from the darkest moment of the night that each new sunrise is born.

*****

Well this nice long weekend was just what I needed.  It was full of both highs and lows and for once the highs outweighed the lows.  It was a good weekend.

This weekend saw the re-emergence of my radio station Utopia Skye.  While there is no set schedule if you have yahoo instant messenger or xfire, and you add me (suekw71 for YIM and Caliope on X-Fire) you’ll see when I go live.  It’s a fun time no matter if you’re in game or not.  When I’m “on” my game, the show kicks some major ass.  

The weekend also saw a great party had on July 4th at my house.  The fireworks were awesome!  It’s the first time since I moved in there that I’ve been on the deck watching the fireworks.  We had 4 people on the deck standing watching going “oooh” “ahhh”.  You have to understand the fireworks are LITERALLY across the street from my house.  They go off literally right above your head.  

The interesting thing I felt last night was a sense of amazement kind of like when I was a child.  As each new flower of fireworks exploded blossoming right over me,, my eyes widened and several times I would point and say “ooh look!” as if anyone near me didn’t already see it.  I was amazed at just how much I enjoyed the show and when I said as much Mr. S mentioned, perhaps it’s the company this year that makes it special.  I think he was right.  The night was full of the close comfortable-ness of friends, family and new friends.  Everyone got along even though they just met that night.  There was no awkwardness, just a comfortable zone that everyone faded in and out of depending on what they were doing.  

The best part was in the middle of the fireworks show I had what I can only say was an epiphany of sorts.  As I watched the fireworks I understood the celebration of freedom.   For a very sweet second or two I felt that not only did I understand that, but I could also attribute that to my life too.  It almost felt as if the bad karma that I had around my neck like a dog collar was finally unclasped.  Those that know me know what I mean…  I was glad for the lights that lit up my eyes and sparked my heart.  The earlier portion of the day hadn’t been so good, so this snippet of beauty and freedom was a feeling I latched onto and held close.

It was also lovely when all was cleaned up, all was said and done, to have someone there to wish me a good night.  For the first time after everyone left, my private sanctuary was an empty castle that echoed my loneliness.  It was a beautiful thing to experience again…

Thank you to all who came and made the night special.  It’s not a 4th of July that I’ll soon forget.

*****
DAILY INSPIRATIONS

Check out Digital Soup Online; the Blog.  There’s plenty of light there for you!

*****
BLESSINGS AND WELL WISHES  

Today I offer a prayer for all of you.  I do not normally take this public blog into the realms of religion preferring to keep everything neutral for everyone… but today a prayer of general well being is my blessing for you because as these words are spoken, as they are ushered out of my heart, they are magic… hoping to bring you whatever it is you need.

May you be healed
May you be free of suffering
May you be at peace
I ask this in the name of your highest good.
Thy will be done.
XO

*****
AND REMEMBER
Music is well said to be the speech of angels; in fact, nothing among the utterances allowed to man is felt to be so divine. It brings us near to the infinite.
~Thomas Carlyle

No comments:

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...