Monday, December 19, 2005

Its all Danas fault

It’s all Dana’s fault :P

After all, she had to go have a baby and all ….  Completely made me forget about my payday rant!  SO you have her to thank ;)  Or little Logan Michael, one of the two.  * grin *

Logan Michael is one of the cutest babies I’ve seen!  Congrats to the whole family on the new addition!

I’ll skip the payday rant :P

If you can believe it, I’m still sick ..  Nothing as bad as last week but my ears still bother me.  I hope it goes away soon.  I have a lot to do this week!  I have to clean in anticipation of my Christmas company!  I’m so excited.  

I wish I could have gotten everyone just one thing for Christmas.  Even if it were tiny.  I had a little money put aside for cards for folks, but even that got taken away because I was sick and out on Monday last week.  They’re going to dock me that time off (  So make sure if you’re reading this that I have your email address because I want to send you all some love this Christmas and by god via email will be the way!  :D  

I made soap and body scrubs all weekend long for the first time in a long time.  It was nice.  I made one of each extra for myself and then last night took a long shower with this body wash (apple soy) that was given to me for Christmas and then I used the sugar scrub.  I LOVE sugar scrubs…. They make your skin sooo incredibly soft and they leave it smelling WONDEFUL.  All night I smelled lavender (essential oil not that fake stuff!) and a hint of romance perfume.  It was wonderful.  Hehe my bedroom smells like it now and this morning when I got up I didn’t even need any lotion even with the winter months!  It’s great (

You know… you folks who want to make it can make it at home.  You don’t have to buy that expensive stuff at the store (and it’s better for you if you don’t… less chemicals).  All you have to do is go to any health food store and buy the smallest bottle of lavender or orange or grapefruit (Avoid peppermint and cinnamon as they irritate the skin, ask me if you’re going to do this as to the scent you can use) and a bottle of sweet almond oil.  You can use fragrance oils if you like but you have to get those at crafting stores and if you do make SURE THEY SAY SKIN SAFE!!!  Some fragrance oils are only for use in candles and are very concentrated and likely to burn the skin.  I recommend essential oils anyway as they’re better for you.  

Ok so you have your little essential oil or fragrance oil and your sweet almond oil.  I recommend you buy a 8oz bottle of sweet almond oil if you’re making one scrub or bigger if making more as a gift.  Also make sure you have granulated sugar on hand.  You can add some things as well if you want to get fancy.  You can add chamomile herb (very cheap at any natural food/herb place) oatmeal either whole or ground up (crush by hand if you want too), lavender herb etc.  

Get yourself a jar or hell use a Tupperware if you need and make sure you can cover it afterwards.  Pour sugar in the container halfway to top (or less if you only have small amounts of oil and fragrance).  Add your dry additives like oatmeal, herbs etc.  Then pour in the sweet almond oil (just enough to cover the sugar and a little more… you have to stir it in to determine if you need more.  Once stirred the proper amount of oil will produce a sugary paste).  Add your fragrance.  Now this is the tricky part.  REMEMBER: you can always add more, but you can’t take out if you’ve added too much.  The scent should be slightly strong in that it needs to scent the skin when scrubbed, but not overpowering.  If your oil comes with a ML dropper, typically I put in three milliliters (or less for concentrated essential oils like lavender as it’s strong to begin with).  This equates to about 10 drops maybe 20 if you have a dropper essential oil bottle.  You can blend fragrances too for a unique combination as well.  Lavender orange is heavenly.  Or a citrus blend is great too of orange and grapefruit.  It’s a perfect wake me up.  If you’re giving as a gift, stir it up and make sure that when thoroughly stirred it resembles a slightly liquid paste.  Seal and voila your very own sugar scrub!  You can add other things too if you want to get fancy like vitamin e oil (great for skin!), real honey (a natural antibacterial), and you can even use different oils as well like sunflower, grapeseed,, etc.  Different oils will have different consistencies.  Sweet almond is the lightest.  Anyway there you go a homemade gift you can make for any of your friends (  Enjoy!

No comments:

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...