Thursday, December 08, 2005

EXTRA EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT!!!!! THE MUSE IS PUBLISHED!

I’m posting Beth!!! Look I’m posting!!! :P


So something’s wrong with the world…. Crony is being nice to me.  No, I mean REALLY nice to me.  Tonight is the work Christmas party and I don’t want to go.  The restaurant I’m told is quite nice and it has gotten good reviews.  But it’s hella far away and I don’t know where I’ll be or how to get home.  I SUCK at directions.  Anyway, I pulled down map quest, while I hope and pray for either Dana or Alice to go into delivery today and need me to be there with them :P Map quest says it will take one hour to get home from there and the directions are whacked… like take a u turn at 147.  U turn?!  Who does a u turn anymore/!?!  Aren’t they illegal?  Lol

Anyway so I’m stressing about it and Crony actually took the time to draw me a little map complete with little streetlights (which she colored lol) with directions on how to get back to the office in 15 minutes.  While it will still take me an hour to get home I’ll only have 15 minutes of nervousness as opposed to 60 now and that’s thanks to crony!  * gasp *

She must be under the weather or something.


But now onto the really BIG HUGE TREMENDOUS OH MY GOD NEWS!!!  I am a PUBLISHED AUTHOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing that could really take equal the absolute heavenly feel I have about that right now would be like an entire basket of perfectly ripe avocados :P  or a good night of wonderful sex… erm or hmm never mind :P

But YES I am published!  My first book is called Free Form; Poetry from the heart.  It’s published on www.lulu.com and is available for either digital download or printed paperback copy.  The digital version is $7.40 and the printed version is $13.99.  I’m so nervous though lol.  I will never forget when I first read my poetry to people I was so nervous.  My poetry is not arbitrarily written about inanimate life.  It’s written about my life AS I live it.  It’s intensely personal and deeply intimate.  It’s sadly 80% dark but that’s because I’m writing about depression and my past more than anything.  Now, however, my poetry is lighting up a bit since I’ve gotten quite a bit out.  I honestly could care less if anyone buys the thing… Truly lol.  I’m just happy that I accomplished a goal : )

Next I am working on publishing the Utopia Skye calendar.  It will be ready for purchase by christmas (just barely lol) but it will be available by download as well as print for 2006 calendar year.  Then the next book slated for publication next year is the Digital Soup for the online soul book.  It will prove to be a small book, but it will have a few stories of people’s online experiences.  I don’t have many submissions for it actually.  I have 2 chapters I wrote, two from Jessie, one from Shaun, one from Craftkiller, and I think that’s it.  I had hoped for more * frown *.  We’ll see how it all pans out.  

What else what else… did I mention I got published? :P

By the way the book contains 97 of my internet published poems.  It’s basically the poetry I put on Allpoetry and Utopia Skye.  It’s broken out by year and covers 2003, 2004 and 2005.  But it’s ONLY my online  published works.  I have still over 500 poems at home lol

For now, that’s it…  Pray this year that I get lucky in love guys.  I really need it.  And now the anticipated return of random poetry, but this is not a random poem :P  This is a poem that STARTED as a random poem, but became a very rare muse rhyming poem that won a contest on Allpoetry (  It’s Christmas related so it being December I felt I should post it for you all to read (and yes it’s in the book)

“A Muse’s Christmas Wish”
Well it didn’t post right so here’s the link to it:
http://allpoetry.com/Poem/958112


* hugs for all of you *

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yet again I am so very proud of you. Go tonight, relax and have a great dinner! You deserve it!

Oh, and if you'd stop by your mother's house you have a lovely little gift of..... well let's put it this way... this year I'm sending you the 3 things you asked for.... I'd send you Rudy too but I don't think you'd appreciate that one!

Ben said...

Wow! Congrats, Me and Valley will have to pickup a copy!

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...